Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like 2016 World Hepatitis Day, Olympic Channel and Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Amendment Bill, 2016 among others.
1. What was the theme of the World Hepatitis Day 2016?
b) Prevention of viral Hepatitis. Act now.
c) Hepatitis: Think Again
d) It’s closer than you think.
2. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) will launch the Olympic Channel on?
a) 31 July 2016
b) 1 August 2016
c) 7 August 2016
d) 21 August 2016
3. Lok Sabha passed the Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Amendment Bill, 2016 that seeks to amend the Benami Transactions Act of the year?
4. The World Hepatitis Summit will be held from 29 March to 31 March 2017 at
b) Sao Paulo
d) New Delhi
5. Who among the following will not be inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame in the year 2016?
a) Muttiah Muralitharan
b) Karen Rolton
c) Arthur Morris
d) Allan Donald
6. Who was appointed as the European Union’s Chief Negotiator with the United Kingdom over leaving the European Union?
a) Didier Seeuws
b) Édouard Balladur
c) Michel Barnier
d) None of the above
7. A Joint expedition by India and the United States has resulted in the discovery of large, highly enriched accumulations of natural gas hydrate at which place?
a) Pacific Ocean
b) Arctic Ocean
c) Antarctic Ocean
d) Indian Ocean
8. The Union Cabinet in July 2016 approved the establishment of a All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) at which place in Punjab?
9. Name the agricultural scientist fondly referred to as the Father of Hybrid Sorghum who died in July 2016.
a) Janine Mongillat
b) PV Parabrahma Sastry
c) Neelamraju Ganga Prasada Rao
d) Somnath Rama Wani
10. He will replace wrestler Narsingh Yadav for Rio Olympics in the 74kg freestyle category.
a) Yogeshwar Dutt
b) Parveen Rana
c) Sushil Kumar
d) Harishchandra Birajdar
11. Which of the following statement in relation to Policy for awarding Waterfront and associated lands in major ports that was approved by Union Government is false?
a) It will result in uniformity in the procedure for awarding captive facilities.
b) It will enable optimal utilization of capacities in major ports.
c) Creation of new assets as well as utilization of currently unutilised existing assets
d) No concession to be granted to Port Dependent Industries (PDI).
12. Skill development initiative 'Himayat' is a programme of which state?
a) Jammu & Kashmir
c) Himachal Pradesh
13. The Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2016 that was passed in Parliament seeks to amend the Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) (CLPR) Act of the year?
14. Name the long-range maritime surveillance and anti-submarine warfare aircraft for which India signed a one-billion dollar deal with the US defence and aerospace major Boeing.
b) Lockheed P-3 Orion
c) Avro Shackleton
d) Grumman S-2 Tracker
15. The Lokpal and Lokayukta (Amendment) Bill, 2016 that was passed by Lok Sabha seeks to amend the existing Lokpal and Lokayukta Actof the year?
1. (a) Elimination
2. (d) 21 August 2016
3. (b) 1988
4. (b) Sao Paulo
5. (d) Allan Donald
6. (c) Michel Barnier
7. (d) Indian Ocean
8. (c) Bhatinda
9. (c) Neelamraju Ganga Prasada Rao
10. (b) Parveen Rana
11. (d) No concession to be granted to Port Dependent Industries (PDI).
12. (a) Jammu & Kashmir
13. (c) 1986
14. (a) Poseidon-8I
15. (d) 2013
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.