5 January 2017: Daily Current Affairs Quizzes brought by Jagranjosh.com wants to help aspirants of different competitive exams in revising the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which may be asked in the upcoming exam that you will face in future. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like consultation paper on net neutrality of India released, book The People's President: Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam and book The People's President: Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam among others.
1. Which agency released a consultation paper on net neutrality in India?
a) Telecom and Regulatory Authority of India
b) Department of Telecommunications
c) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
d) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
2. Who authored the book The People's President: Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam?
a) SM Khan
b) Sunita Narain
c) Ramachandra Guha
d) RD Burmania
3. World Braille Day was observed on
a) 2 January 2017
b) 3 January 2017
c) 4 January 2017
d) 5 January 2017
4. It is with this country Union Cabinet agreed to sign an agreement for cooperation in the field of agriculture and allied sectors.
5. It is in this city where Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated 350th birth anniversary celebrations of Guru Govind Singh.
6. Who was appointed as the United Kingdom’s ambassador to the European Union?
a) Sir Tim Barrow
b) Sir Ivan Rogers
c) Anne Pringle
d) None of the above
7. Which of the following cities is hosting the celebrations for the 350th Prakash Parv?
8. Noted Sitar player Abdul Halim Jaffer Khan, who passed away recently, is regarded as one of the 'Sitar Trinity' of India. Who are the other two?
a) Ravi Shankar and Shujaat Khan
b) Vilayat Khan and Imrat Khan
c) Ravi Shankar and Vilayat Khan
d) Ravi Shankar and Alla Rakha
9. India defeated which of the following countries to win the 2016 SAFF Women's Championship title?
10. The United Nations has designated a particular theme for the year 2017. What is the theme?
a) International Year of Pulses
b) International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development
c) International Year of Light and Light-based Technologies
d) International Year of Soils
11. The Union government of India has launched a Swachh Bharat survey in 500 cities and towns. Which one of the following statements is incorrect in terms of the survey rules?
a) The survey will judge the cities only on the basis of citizen feedback.
b) The survey will give ranks to the cities based on the level of sanitation standards
c) The evaluation areas will include information, education and behaviour change of the public
d) The citizens will be able to give their feedback back through missed calls
12. Who has been elected as the working President of DMK?
a) S.N. Kanimozhi
c) M.K. Stalin
d) K. Ponmudy
13. Which country has become the first one to provide a basic monthly income to its unemployed citizens?
14. Veteran filmmaker Dasari Narayana Rao has announced his decision of making a biopic on which eminent politician?
a) M. G. Ramachandran
b) APJ Abdul Kalam
c) J Jayalalithaa
d) YS Rajasekhara Reddy
15. Mahendra Singh Dhoni recently stepped down as the ODI and T20I cricket teams. Consider the following statements in this regard.
I. He took over the ODI captaincy from Rahul Dravid in the year 2007.
II. He stepped down as the Captain of the Indian Test team on 30 December 2014.
Which is/are correct?
a) Only I
b) Only I and II
c) Only I and III
d) I, II and III
1.(a) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)
2.(a) SM Khan
3.(c) 4 January 2017
6. (a) Sir Tim Barrow
7. (d) Patna
8. (c) Ravi Shankar and Vilayat Khan
9. (b) Bangladesh
10.(b) International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development
11.(a) The survey will judge the cities only on the basis of citizen feedback.
12.(c) M.K. Stalin
14. (c) J Jayalalithaa
15. (b) Only I and II