Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Nuakhai festival, UNICEF report on uprooted children and Gas4India campaign, among others
1. Name the world’s oldest cricketer who hails from South Africa and died in September 2016?
a) Johnny Watkins
b) Lindsay Tuckett
c) Haroon Lorgat
d) Joe Cox
2. Nuakhai festival is celebrated in which state of India?
b) Uttar Pradesh
3. The Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited recently handed over which Fast Attack Craft to the Indian Navy?
4. The Union Government recently launched the Urja Mitra Helpline for power outages. What is the helpline number?
5. Which report was released by UNICEF recently stating the growing crisis for migrant children?
a) Committing to Child Survival: A Promise Renewed
b) Reimagine the future: Innovation for every child
c) Education as a Preventive Strategy against migrant children crisis
d) Uprooted: The growing crisis for refugee and migrant children
6. The indigenous Light Utility Helicopter recently successfully completed its test flight in Bengaluru. The helicopter is developed by
a) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
c) Indian Aerospace & Engineering
d) None of the above
7. Dharmendra Pradhan recently launched a campaign to promote use of natural gas in India. What is the name of campaign?
d) None of the above
8. Which movie won the Best Film Award at the first BRICS Film Festival that recently concluded in New Delhi?
a) Xuan Zang
b) The Battle for Sevastopol
d) Kalushi, The story of Solomon Mahlangu
9. Who won the 2015 J.C. Daniel Award?
a) Aranmula Ponnamma
b) I.V. Sasi
d) K.G. George
10. Who was recently appointed the part-time chairperson of Unique Identification Authority of India?
a) Nandan Nilekani
b) J Satyanarayana
c) Rajesh Jain
d) Anand Deshpande
11. Name the tennis player who surpassed Roger Federer to win maximum number of Grand Slam matches.
a) Karolina Pliskova
b) Venus Williams
c) Serena Williams
d) Rafael Nadal
12. Which state government in September 2016 announced a cash reward of 75 lakh rupees to steeplechase specialist, Lalita Babar, who finished a creditable 10th at the Rio Olympics?
13. Union Government approved 450 crore rupees for five states under the Swadesh Darshan scheme. Which of the following is not part of the granted fund under the scheme?
a) Madhya Pradesh
14. Name the state that released Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu to comply with the Supreme Court directive.
15. Nomad Film Festival 2016 started in which of the following cities?
c) New Delhi
1. (b) Lindsay Tuckett
2. (c) Odisha
3. (b) Tihayu
4. (a) 14401
5. (d) Uprooted: The growing crisis for refugee and migrant children
6. (a) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
7. (b) #Gas4India
8. (c) Thithi
9. (d) K.G. George
10. (b) J Satyanarayana
11. (c) Serena Williams
12. (a) Maharashtra
13. (d) Bihar
14. (c) Karnataka
15. (c) New Delhi
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.