Union Minister for Human Resource Development (HRD) Prakash Javadekar on 21 August 2017 launched the ‘Swasth Bachche, Swasth Bharat’ Programme.
Javadekar also launched the Health and Fitness Profile Card along with the programme at a function held at Kendriya Vidyalaya of Aluva, Kochi.
• Swasth Bachche, Swasth Bharat’ is an initiative of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan to prepare a physical Health and Fitness Profile Card for more than 12 lakhs of Kendriya Vidyalaya students.
• It will provide a comprehensive and inclusive report card for children covering all age groups and children of different abilities.
• It will make students, teachers and parents aware about the importance of good health and fitness and will also encourage 60 minutes of play each day.
• It also intends to imbibe values of Olympics and Paralympics amongst students.
• It is expected to bring back the childhood amongst children and make physical activity and recreational games an integral part of learning process.
• It will motivate potentially outstanding performers in various games and sports of excellence.
• It will enable them to use technology for data capture and analytics and will also give access to schools, parents and teachers.
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider