At the ceremony held in Mumbai on 22 February 2013, the Indian Coast Guard Interceptor Boat C-154 was commissioned by the Chief Secretary to Government of Maharashtra. Representatives of the State Government departments, Air Force, Navy and Army were also present in the ceremony.
About Interceptor Boat C-154
• Interceptor Boat C-154 is 28 metres in length with 75 tonnes displacement has the capability of achieving a maximum speed of 35 knots.
• The vessel has state-of-the-art navigation as well as communication equipment along with medium range armament.
• The purpose of designing the Interceptor Boat C-154 was for achieving close-coast patrol, high speed interception, Search and Rescue, low-intensity maritime operations as well as maritime surveillance.
• This IB also has the capability of operating in the shallow water along with the deep sea.
• IB is also fitted with the 02 main engines of 1630 KW each and ASD system.
• IB is facilitated with communication equipment along with advanced navigational equipment.
• Interceptor Boat ICGS C-154 is Mumbai-based under the Administrative and Operational Control of the Commander, No 2 Coast Guard District HQ.