DCB Bank on 3 April 2016 launched an Aadhaar-based Automatic Teller Machine (ATM) usage facility wherein a customer can transact using his biometric details instead of the PIN. The step is first of its kind in India.
The ATM will accept Aadhaar number and Aadhaar fingerprint (biometric) instead of ATM/Debit Card and PIN to dispense cash from the bank account. It is a Cardless and PIN less ATM. The user can key-in the 12-digit Aadhaar number or swipe the card at an ATM to start a transaction, but at the stage of confirming the identity, it requires biometric details rather than the PIN.
This ATM is currently placed in pilot site at DCB Bank at Peninsula Business Park, Lower Parel, Mumbai.
About DCB Bank
• DCB Bank Ltd. is a private sector scheduled commercial bank in India.
• It has a network of over 176 branches and over 400 ATMs in the country.
• It offers products to individuals, small and medium businesses, rural banking and mid corporates across its branch network.
• The Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development (AKFED) is the promoter of the Bank with around 16.3% stake.
• The Bank received the Scheduled Commercial Bank licence from the Reserve Bank of India on 31 May 1995.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Launched by DCB Bank
When: 3 April 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.