The sixth India China joint training exercise Hand- in- Hand 2016 commenced on 16 November 2016 at the parade ground in Aundh Military Camp, Pune. The exercise will terminate on 27 November 2016.
The joint exercise intends to acquaint both the Armies with each other’s operating procedures in the backdrop of counter terrorism environment.
The Opening Day parade was commanded by Lieutenant Colonel Li Guanghua, Commanding Officer of People’s Liberation Army.
Key highlights of the exercise
• The primary aim of the exercise is enhancing confidence and trust between the two armies, which may be called upon to grapple with anti terrorism operations under the UN mandate.
• The conduct of joint military exercises is also an important step to uphold the values of Peace, Prosperity and Stability in the region.
• The Opening Ceremony was followed by both the contingents displaying their weapons, which included assault rifles, grenade launchers and other equipment.
• The Ceremony concluded with a display of India martial arts of Kalyaripattu, Khukri dance and Malkhamb by soldiers of Indian Army and a massed martial arts display by the Chinese contingent.
• The 13-day exercise is focused upon training on crossing of obstacles, special heliborne operations, firing of various weapons, handling and neutralization of improvised explosive devices and conduct of cordon and search operations in insurgency and terrorism environment.
When: 16 November 2016