Lord Mervyn Davies appointed as Chair of UK India Business Council
Lord Davies is a Partner and the Chairman of Corsair Capital, a private equity firm specialising in financial services.
Lord Mervyn Davies was on 20 July 2017 appointed as the Chair of the UK India Business Council (UKIBC) with effect from 1 September 2017. He will succeed Patricia Hewitt, who is stepping down after 8 years. Davies will serve a three-year term.
UK India Business Council is the leading market entry advisory and advocacy consultancy focused on the United Kingdom and India trade opportunity.
It supports the UK Government in its volume services as well as providing a business voice in Government to Government discussions.
About Lord Mervyn Davies
• Lord Davies is a Partner and the Chairman of Corsair Capital, a private equity firm specialising in financial services.
• He is the Chairman of LetterOne, the Senior Independent Director of Diageo, and the Senior Adviser to Teneo.
• He also serves as the Chairman of the Royal Academy of Arts Trustees and Chairman of the Garden Bridge Trust.
• He was the UK Minister for Trade, Investment, Small Business and Infrastructure from January 2008 till May 2010.
• Prior to this, he was Chairman of the Standard Chartered, where he worked for more than 12 years.
• He was awarded a CBE for his services to the financial sector and the community in Hong Kong in June 2002 where he served as a member of the HK Exchange Fund for seven years.