Noted lyricist Sameer on 13 October 2014 was honoured with the National Kishore Kumar Award for 2012-13. He was awarded during a function at the legendary singer's birth place Khandwa in Madhya Pradesh.
The award was handed over to Sameer by Madhya Pradesh Food and Civil Supplies Minister Kunwar Vijay Shah.
The Jury that selected Sameer for the award included noted writer Saleem Khan, actor director Satish Kaushik, noted playback singer Anuradha Paudwal, lyricist Ibrahim Ashk and film critique Jaiprakash Choukse.
• Sameer officially known as Shitala Pandey is a son of noted lyricist Anjaan (Lalji Pandey)
• He was born in Banaras in Uttar Pradesh on 24 February 1958
• Sameer started his career as a lyricist in 1983 with the film Bekhabar (1983).
• The first film song he recorded was Maar Ke Kataaree Mar Jaibe for the Bhojpuri film Bairi Saawan (1984) sung by Suresh Wadkar and Preeti Sagar.
• He has composed songs for number of hit films like Dil, Aashiqui, Deewana, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, Devdas, Dabangg-2 and Rowdy Rathore
• He won his first Filmfare Award for Best Lyricist in 1991 for film Aashiqui. In 1993,1994 and 1999 he once again won the Filmfare Award for film Deewana, Hum Hai Raahi Pyar Ke and Kuch Kuch Hota Hai respectively.
• A biography, Sameer – A Way with Words by Derek Bose was released by Amitabh Bachchan in 2007.
• He also has won IIFA Screen Award and Uttar Pradesh Government's Yash Bharti award.
About National Kishore Kumar Award
National Kishore Kumar Awardy is given by the Madhya Pradesh government and carries a cash prize of 2 lakh rupees, citation, shawl and shreefal. It is given in the fields of direction, screenplay and lyrics turn by turn every year.
Kishore Kumar was an Indian film playback singer, actor, lyricist, composer, producer, director, screenplay writer and scriptwriter. He was considered as one of the most successful playback singers of the Hindi film industry.
He won 8 Filmfare Awards for Best Male Playback Singer and holds the record for winning the most Filmfare Awards in that category.
He was born on 4 August 1929 in Khandwa, Central Provinces and Berar (now in Madhya Pradesh), British India. He died on 13 October 1987, in Mumbai and as per his wish, his last rites was performed in Khandwa.
Who: Lyricist Sameer
When: 13 October 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.