Mukund Chaudhari on 1 September 2016 took over as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of MOIL Ltd, a miniratna company.
Prior to taking over as CMD, Chaudhari served as the Director (Finance) of MOIL.
Who is Mukund Chaudhari?
• Mukund Chaudhari is a chartered accountant by profession.
• He holds a long experience of over two and half decades in private and public sectors undertakings.
• He had also worked in the private sector.
• After joining MOIL in 1997, he held various positions in the company.
• He was inducted in the Board of Directors of MOIL in August 2012 as Director (Finance).
• He has varied experience in corporate financial management and he is instrumental for introduction of ERP system in MOIL recently.
• MOIL Limited is a miniratna state-owned manganese-ore mining company headquartered in Nagpur, India.
• It was formerly known as Manganese Ore India Limited.
• With a market share of 50%, it was the largest producer of manganese ore in India in the fiscal year 2008.
• MOIL Limited has been ranked #486 among the 500 top companies in India and 9th in the Mines and Metals Sector of the Fortune India 500 list for 2011.
• MOIL operates 10 mines, six located in Nagpur and Bhandara districts of Maharashtra and four in the Balaghat district of Madhya Pradesh.
• Its Balaghat mine is the deepest underground manganese mine in Asia.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App