Nico Rosberg of Mercedes on 28 August 2016 won the 2016 Belgian Grand Prix of Formula One (F1).
It was Rosberg’s first ever win at Spa and sixth of the 2016 season. This win has narrowed the gap between Hamilton and him to nine points in the championship standings.
Result of 2016 Belgian Grand Prix
• First Position: Nico Rosberg (Germany) of Mercedes team
• Second Position: Daniel Ricciardo (Australia) of Red Bull
• Third Position: Lewis Hamilton (United Kingdom) of Mercedes Team
• Fourth Position: Nico Hulkenberg (Germany) of Force India
• Fifth Position: Sergio Perez (Italy) of Force India
Belgian Grand Prix
• The Belgian Grand Prix is an automobile race, part of the Formula One World Championship.
• It is one of the most popular races on the Formula One calendar, due to the scenic and historical Spa-Francorchamps circuit being a favorite of drivers and fans.
• The first national race of Belgium was held in 1925 at the Spa region's race course, an area of the country that had been associated with motor sport since the very early years of racing.
• To accommodate Grand Prix motor racing, the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps race course was built in 1921 but it was only used for motorcycle racing until 1924.
• Since inception, Spa-Francorchamps has been known for its unpredictable weather.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App