PetroFed Oil & Gas Industry Awards 2014 conferred
The winners were selected through a rigorous process of collation by knowledge partner PricewaterhouseCoopers.
The PetroFed Oil & Gas Industry Awards 2014 were on 15 July 2015 conferred by the Petroleum Federation of India. The 12 awards were given in 11 categories for performance during the financial year 2013-14.
List of awardees:
• State-owned Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) won the Leading Oil & Gas Corporate of the Year award.
• IOC also bagged the Oil & Gas Marketing Company of the Year and the Human Resources Management Company of the Year awards.
• The Game Changer- Oil & Gas Company of the Year was conferred on IOC and LanzaTech Inc.
• The Woman Executive of the Year award was bagged by Mamoni Basumatary, Senior Manager (Technical Services) from IOC's Guwahati Refinery.
• The Innovator of the Year-Team award was bagged by the Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL).
• BPCL also won the Environmental Sustainability Company of the Year.
• Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) won the award for Exploration & Production Company of the Year.
• ONGC also won Project Management (500-2000 crore rupees)- Company of the Year award.
• The Oil & Gas Pipeline Transportation Company of the Year award was bagged by Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL).
• Innovator of the Year- Individual category was conferred on Gnana Kumaraswamy Batta, Senior Geophysicist, Oil India Limited.
While, no award was conferred for Drilling Services Company of the Year and no application was received for Project Management (above 2000 crore rupees)- Company of the Year award.
Process of choosing the awardees
The winners were selected through a rigorous process of collation by knowledge partner PricewaterhouseCoopers. The evaluation was done by the Awards Committee led by Prodipto Ghosh, former Secretary to the Union Government.
The selection of awardees was done by an eminent Jury headed by the former Chief Justice of India Justice M N Venkatachaliah. The other two members of the Jury were Anil Kakodkar, former Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission and Naresh Narad, former Chairman, Public Enterprises Selection Board.
About PetroFed Oil & Gas Industry Awards
• The PetroFed Oil & Gas Annual Awards were launched in 2007 to recognise contribution by corporates and individuals in the Indian Oil & Gas Industry.
• The objective of the Awards is to celebrate and honour the leaders, innovators and pioneers of the industry for their outstanding achievements.
• There are 14 Awards in 12 categories. Each Award carries a trophy and a citation.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App