The Publications Division and Sasta Sahitya Mandal (SSM) on 14 February 2017 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in New Delhi.
The MoU facilitates joint publication of books on heroes of the Indian freedom struggle, cultural leaders and other eminent personalities who worked towards nation development.
Features of the MoU
• The MoU is a joint initiative between the Publications Division and the SSM to sensitise the young generation about India’s rich and diverse culture and history.
• The agreement would promote availability of good literature for the people on diverse topics.
• The MoU includes joint publication of a set of 20 books out of which 10 books will be selected through each other’s catalogue.
• In addition, a set of 10 small new books would be finalized on topics such as the freedom struggle, Indian culture, ethics and values for joint publication.
• The agreement would also provide an opportunity for both the organizations to enhance their reach by displaying and offering on sale any of publications published by either of the organizations.
About Publications Division
• It is a media unit under the Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
• Publications Division is a repository of books and journals highlighting subjects of national importance and India’s rich cultural heritage.
• The mandate of the organisation is to preserve national heritage and disseminate the same through the production and sale of quality reading material at affordable prices.
• It publishes books in Hindi, English and other regional languages and market them through its nationwide sales network.
About Sasta Sahitya Mandal
• SSM is a trust established by Mahatma Gandhi in 1925.
• Its mandate is to promote, develop and publish high class literature in Hindi and to make it available to the public at affordable prices.
• Since its inception, SSM has brought out more than 2500 titles on Indian culture, heritage, Indian epics, and stories.
• The trust has created a huge corpus of children’s literature to infuse in them the values of life and love for the nation and humanity.
Where: New Delhi
What: Signed MoU
When: 14 February 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.