Senior IAS officer Sumit Mullick appointed as new Maharashtra Chief Secretary
Senior IAS officer Sumit Mullick was given the charge of Chief Secretary of Maharashtra, succeeding Swadheem Kshatriya.
Sumit Mullick, a senior IAS officer was appointed as the new Chief Secretary of Maharashtra on 28 February 2017. His appointment is effective immediately.
He will be succeeding Swadheem Kshatriya, who was due for retirement on 31 January 2017 but was later given an extension of one month.
Sumit Mullick’s appointment was finalised by the Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis himself, who signed his file early morning on 28th.
About Sumit Mullick
• He is an IAS officer from the 1982 batch.
• He is one of the state’s most senior bureaucrats and is due to retire in April 2018.
• He was till recently serving as the Additional Chief Secretary (ACS) and as the Chief Protocol Officer in the general administration department.
• Previously, he has worked as the Divisional Commissioner of Amravati and as the Secretary of School Education.
• He has also held the position of Secretary to the Governor.