Tata Motors, Microsoft India signed strategic agreement to leverage IoT & AI
While Tata Motors is India’s market leader in the automobile industry, Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software products.
Tata Motors and Microsoft India on 16 February 2017 announced the signing of a strategic agreement to redefine connected and personalized driving experiences for Indian customers.
The agreement was signed in the presence of Guenter Butschek, CEO & MD of Tata Motors and Anant Maheshwari, President, Microsoft India.
Features of the Agreement
• Under the agreement, Tata Motors will leverage Microsoft’s connected vehicle technologies by converging artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and the Internet of Things (IoT).
• The agreement will enable the Tata Motors to traverse the digital and physical worlds and create a highly personalized, smart and safer driving experience across the digital life of a vehicle owner.
• The first vehicle showcasing these state-of-the art technologies will be unveiled at the 87th Geneva International Motor Show on 7 March 2017.
How the partnership will benefit vehicle owners in India?
• The partnership between the Tata Motors and Microsoft India will benefit vehicle owners in the following ways.
• Based on their profile and location data, vehicle owners can receive proactive point-of-interest, shopping and route assist recommendations.
• Pre-emptive service alerts based on vehicle health data will enable owners to avoid costly downtime en-route on planned road trips.
• Using industry-leading firmware over the air (FOTA) and software over the air (SOTA) technologies, key vehicle settings can be updated remotely over the cloud.
About Tata Motors
• Tata Motors Limited is India’s largest automobile company, with consolidated revenues of Rs 2,75,561 crore in 2015-16.
• Through subsidiaries and associate companies, Tata Motors has operations in the UK, South Korea, Thailand, South Africa and Indonesia.
• With over 9 million Tata vehicles plying in India, Tata Motors is the country’s market leader in commercial vehicles and among the top in passenger vehicles.
• Founded in 1975, Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
• Microsoft started its operations in India in 1990.
• Today, Microsoft entities in India have over 7,000 employees. They are engaged in sales and marketing, research and development and customer services.