Tata Motors and Microsoft India on 16 February 2017 announced the signing of a strategic agreement to redefine connected and personalized driving experiences for Indian customers.
The agreement was signed in the presence of Guenter Butschek, CEO & MD of Tata Motors and Anant Maheshwari, President, Microsoft India.
Features of the Agreement
• Under the agreement, Tata Motors will leverage Microsoft’s connected vehicle technologies by converging artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and the Internet of Things (IoT).
• The agreement will enable the Tata Motors to traverse the digital and physical worlds and create a highly personalized, smart and safer driving experience across the digital life of a vehicle owner.
• The first vehicle showcasing these state-of-the art technologies will be unveiled at the 87th Geneva International Motor Show on 7 March 2017.
How the partnership will benefit vehicle owners in India?
• The partnership between the Tata Motors and Microsoft India will benefit vehicle owners in the following ways.
• Based on their profile and location data, vehicle owners can receive proactive point-of-interest, shopping and route assist recommendations.
• Pre-emptive service alerts based on vehicle health data will enable owners to avoid costly downtime en-route on planned road trips.
• Using industry-leading firmware over the air (FOTA) and software over the air (SOTA) technologies, key vehicle settings can be updated remotely over the cloud.
About Tata Motors
• Tata Motors Limited is India’s largest automobile company, with consolidated revenues of Rs 2,75,561 crore in 2015-16.
• Through subsidiaries and associate companies, Tata Motors has operations in the UK, South Korea, Thailand, South Africa and Indonesia.
• With over 9 million Tata vehicles plying in India, Tata Motors is the country’s market leader in commercial vehicles and among the top in passenger vehicles.
• Founded in 1975, Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
• Microsoft started its operations in India in 1990.
• Today, Microsoft entities in India have over 7,000 employees. They are engaged in sales and marketing, research and development and customer services.
When: 16 February 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.