24 April 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Forbes' Billionaires List, Nari Shakti award and International Women's Day among others.
1. Which company became the first listed Indian IT firm to hit USD 100 billion market capitalisation mark?
b) Reliance Industries
c) Aditya Birla
2. In which country, the 6th edition of Indian Ocean Naval Symposium was held?
3. What is the theme of the 29th Road Safety Week?
a) Swasth Sadak - Swasth Jeevan
b) Savdhani Hatti - durghatna ghati
c) Sadak Suraksha - Jeevan Raksha
d) None of the above
4. Who won the Paraguay Presidential Elections 2018?
a) Efrain Alegre
b) Jaime Bestard
c) Horacio Cartes
d) Mario Abdo Benitez
5. Which state observed the Khongjom Day to pay tribute to the great warriors?
6. Which country received the highest remittances of USD 69 billion from its diaspora in 2017?
7. The discovery of cracks on the surface of which planet has revealed evidence of lakes that dried up nearly 3.5 billion years ago?
8. The population of critically endangered river dolphins was found to have risen in which among the following rivers?
9. The Supreme Court has sought government’s response on a plea against which section of the Indian penal code?
a) Section 375
b) Section 499
c) Section 309
d) Section 377
10. The European Union would be co-hosting a conference with the United Nations to provide financial aid to people belonging to which nation?
11. Which state is going to get Rs 1,700 crore as aid from Asian Development Bank for Infrastructure development?
a) Himachal Pradesh
b) Arunachal Pradesh
12. Serzh Sargsyan stepped down recently as the Prime Minister of which nation?
1. (a) TCS
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) created history by becoming the first listed Indian IT company to hit the USD 100 billion market capitalisation (m-cap) mark. On April 23, 2018, the market value of the company stood at Rs 6.53 lakh crore.
2. (b) Iran
The 6th edition of Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) and Conclave of Chiefs was hosted by Iran at Tehran. The Chief of the Naval Staff is leading a four member Indian delegation for the event.
3. (c) Sadak Suraksha - Jeevan Raksha
Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari on April 23, 2018 inaugurated the 29th National Road Safety Week while stating the ministry’s priority to ensure safety of road users in the country. The theme for the road safety week for the 2018 is is 'Sadak Suraksha - Jeevan Raksha'.
4. (d) Mario Abdo Benitez
Conservative former senator Mario Abdo Benitez was elected as the President of Paraguay. He defeated his closest rival, Efrain Alegre from the liberal opposition alliance, by four percentage points.
5. (a) Manipur
Manipur observed the Khongjom Day on April 23, 2018 to pay tribute to the great warriors of Anglo-Manipur battle of 1891 at Khongjom in Thoubal district. The warriors laid down their lives safeguarding the freedom of the state.
6. (b) India
As per World Bank’s Migration and Development Brief, India received the highest remittances of USD 69 billion from its diaspora in 2017. The report was released on April 23, 2018.
7. (b) Mars
A study confirmed recently that the discovery of cracks on the surface of Mars by NASA's Curiosity rover in early 2017 are evidence of lakes that likely dried up 3.5 billion years ago.
In early 2017 scientists announced the discovery of possible desiccation cracks in Gale Crater, which was filled by lakes 3.5 billion years ago.
8. (a) Mekong
The population of dolphins in Cambodia’s Mekong River was found to have increased for the first time after years of constant decline that has pushed the threatened species to the brink of extinction. A new census by the Cambodian government and the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) has found the number of dolphins increase to 92, 12 more than a study published in 2015.
9. (d) Section 377
The Supreme Court of India has sought a response from the Central Government on pleas challenging the Indian Penal Code’s Section 377, which criminalises homosexuality. The top court had said on January 8 that it will re-examine its 2013 verdict upholding Section 377 that criminalises gay sex.
10. (d) Syria
The European Union and the United Nations will co-chair a two-day international conference in Brussels with the aim of raising financial aid for Syrians and garner political support for UN-led intra-Syrian talks. The conference will bring together participants from more than 85 countries and organisations at the ministerial level, as well as those from over 200 non-governmental organizations.
11. (c) Uttarakhand
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has agreed in principle to give an aid of 1,700 crore rupees to Uttarakhand for infrastructure development and creation of sewerage treatment facilities in urban areas.
12. (b) Armenia
The Prime Minister of Armenia, Serzh Sargsyan, has stepped down following days of mass demonstrations in the streets of the capital Yerevan over what was seen as an unconstitutional power grab by the former president. Sargsyan previously served two, five-year terms as president of the former Soviet Republic.