The Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Radha Mohan Singh on February 21, 2018 launched six new features of National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) Platform with an aim to make it more users friendly.
Six new user friendly features of e-NAM Platform
The new and user-friendly features of the e-NAM platform are MIS Dashboard for better analysis, BHIM payment facility by traders, mobile payment facility by traders, enhanced features on Mobile App, integration of farmer’s database, eLearning module in e-NAM website, etc. Here are the details of these features:
1. e-NAM Mobile App
• Mobile app has been made multilingual.
• e-NAM Mobile app is being enhanced in multi-dimension so that the entire operation for farmers can be user friendly.
• Mandi operators can now carry out one of the critical operation of Gate Entry directly from e-NAM Mobile App.
• This will also facilitate the farmers to do advance Gate Entry on Mobile app which in turn will reduce a lot of time for farmers coming in the Mandi and will bring huge efficiency and facilitate smooth arrival recording at the Gate.
• Farmers can now also see the progress of their lot being traded and also can see the real time bidding progress of price on Mobile App.
• Now, online payment by trader (buyer) can also be done from e-NAM Mobile App through debit card and net banking. Once farmer receives the payment, an SMS alert will be sent to him.
2. BHIM payment facility
• The facilitation of Unified Payment Interface (UPI) through BHIM App is another milestone for the e-NAM platform.
• It is aimed at easing out the mode of payment to farmers which will also reduce the payment realization time from buyers’ account to the pool account.
• Currently, e-NAM portal facilitates direct online payment to farmers only through RTGS/NEFT, Debit Card and Internet Banking.
3. New and improved Website with eLearning Module
• A new website has been developed with improved and more informative features like live status of markets of e-NAM based on gate entry, latest information on events, dynamic training calendar etc.
• e-Learning module in Hindi language has also been designed and incorporated in the website so that various stake holders can learn online about how to operate the system.
4. MIS Dashboard
• MIS Dashboard has been developed, based on business intelligence with an aim to provide a greater insight into the performance of each Mandi in terms of arrival and trade.
• It will help the Mandi Board officials and APMC Secretary to compare the performance of each Mandi on daily, weekly, monthly/quarterly and Year-on-Year Basis.
• It will be beneficial for the Mandi Board and Mandi Secretary in planning and coordinating their operations post historical analysis.
5. Grievance Redressal Management System
A Grievance Redressal Management System has been developed to help Mandi Secretary to raise technology issues related to portal or software and its operation and also track the status of redressal of their query online.
6. Integration with Farmer Database
• e-NAM has been integrated with Central Farmer Database so that the registration process becomes easier and Identification of farmers can be done easily on arrival at the Mandi Gate.
• This will help in managing the load at the Gate more efficiently during peak time in Rabi and Kharif and reduce waiting time for farmers at the entry gate.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
What is e-NAM all about?
e-NAM is one of the major flagship schemes of the Union Government which is being implemented with the objective of providing competitive and remunerative price to farmers for their produce through online competitive bidding process.
It is an online trading platform of the National Agriculture Market for the farmers. Initially, e-NAM was launched in 21 Mandis on April 12, 2016 and it has now reached 479 Mandis across 14 states and 1 Union Territory.
Moreover, e-NAM website is now available in eight different languages (Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali and Odia) while the live trading facility is available in six different language (Hindi, English, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi & Telugu).
When: 21 February 2018