The Union Cabinet, presided by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on 10 March 2016 gave its approval for a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Bahrain on cooperation for prevention of human trafficking, especially trafficking in women and children, rescue, recovery, repatriation and re-integration of victims of trafficking.
This MoU aims at increasing the bilateral cooperation between the two nations on the issues of prevention, rescue, recovery and repatriation related to human trafficking especially women and children expeditiously.
The MoU is expected to be signed during Home Minister Rajnath Singh’s upcoming visit to Bahrain in the first week of April 2016.
Key highlights of the MoU
• To strengthen cooperation to prevent all forms of human trafficking, especially that of women and children and ensure speedy investigation and prosecution of traffickers and organized crime syndicates in either country.
• Taking preventive measures that will eliminate human trafficking in women and children and in protecting the rights of victims of trafficking.
• Anti-trafficking Cells and Task Force will work on both sides to prevent human trafficking.
• Police and other concerned authorities will work in close cooperation and exchange information which can be used to interdict human traffickers.
• The repatriation of victims will be done as expeditiously as possible and home country will undertake the safe and effective re-integration of the victims.
• A Joint Task Force with representatives from both sides will be constituted to monitor the working of the MoU.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 10 March 2016