Union Minister of Culture Mahesh Sharma on 23 May 2017 launched the Swachh Bharat App with an aim to involve people actively to become part of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Clean India Movement) in National Museum, Delhi.
In this App, the concept of Physical web is implemented.
Highlights of the Swachh Bharat App
• When one is in the monument or Museum, the app will deliver the message about Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and will ask the user to report the garbage around him.
• All one need to do is to enable the Bluetooth of his or her mobile device.
• Even if the App is not installed in the device, still there will be a message delivered by Google about the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and Google will also give the link to install the App.
• Once the App is installed and opened, it will ask the user to take photograph of the garbage and write the comment and just submit.
• The user's submission will be reported to the authority at the backend.
• Presently, the Swachh Bharat App will be available for android mobile phone users and can be downloaded from Google Play Store.
• The App will be monitored by the Union Ministry of Culture and will play an important role in cultivating the significance of cleanliness to the citizens.