World Blood Donors Day 2016 observed with theme Blood connects us all
The slogan for 2016 WBDD is Share life, give blood. The slogan focuses on voluntary donation systems.
14 June: World Blood Donors Day
World Blood Donors Day (WBDD) 2016 was observed on 14 June 2016.
The theme of the 2016 World Blood Donor Day campaign is Blood connects us all. The theme highlights the common bond that all people share in their blood.
The slogan for 2016 WBDD is Share life, give blood. The slogan focuses on voluntary donation systems. The voluntary donation systems play a pivotal role in encouraging people to care for one another and promoting community cohesion.
• The World Blood Donors Day was established in 2004.
• The day was established to raise awareness of the need for safe bold and blood products. The day also expresses gratitude towards donors for their voluntary gifts of blood.
• It is one of the eight official global public health campaigns marked by the World Health Organization (WHO).
• The day also collides with birthday anniversary of Karl Landsteiner, who is noted for having distinguished the main blood groups in 1900.
• The theme for the 2015 WBDD was Thank you for saving my life.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App