The world’s first handcrafted herbal Holy Quran was unveiled on 8 December 2014 in Dubai. It is made from about 200 medicinal plants.
The Quran has been made by the Islamic arts and calligraphy company Heddem Arts and has been crafted over 23 years from 1957 to 1979 by Turkish Unani Doctor Hamdi Taher.
The Herbal Holy Quran
• The Quran is made of high potency herbal mixtures prepared as per Unani medical system.
• Herbal sheets of the Holy Quran have many therapeutic properties when the reader moves his fingers on the letters or in and around the pages, the herbal mixture seeps through the pores in the fingers, providing health benefits.
• The herbal-cream-written Quran includes 606 pages and weighs about 7.5 kg.
• Every word and design in the Holy Quran is made without using any printing technology, tools or machinery because of which it is truly one of a kind.
• The Holy book includes a mixture of herbs that had been directly extracted from seeds, fruits, leaves, stems, barks and roots used in Unani medicine.
About Unani Medicine
Unani is Arabic word for Ionian which means Greek. It is a formal medicine that has been practiced for 6000 years.
Unani is also known as hikmat, a Unani Tibb Medicine that was developed by the Greek physician Hippocrates from the medicine and traditions of the ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.