The Baha’i belief is a monotheistic which emphasizes the spirituality of all mankind. The faith is moving around three core principle or doctrine on the basis of Baha’i teachings i.e. Unity of God; Unity of religion; and Unity of humanity. It was founded by the Bahaullah of Persia who was exiled by the Ottoman Empire for his teaching.
10 Amazing Facts about Baha’i religion
1. According to the Bahá'í calendar: 1 Year = 19 months, months = 19 days, with four or five intercalary days, to make a full solar year.
2. The Bahá'í New Year corresponds to the traditional Persian New Year, called Naw Rúz, and occurs on the vernal equinox, 21 March, at the end of the month of fasting.
3. The symbols of the religion are derived from the Arabic word Bahá’ which means "splendour" or "glory", with a numerical value of 9, which is why the most common symbol is the nine-pointed star.
4. There are three core principles: Unity of God; Unity of religion; and Unity of humanity.
5. It emphasizes on the betterment of society through the pursuit of processes of individual and social transformation.
6. The writings belief describes a single, personal, inaccessible, omniscient, omnipresent, imperishable, and almighty God who is the creator of all things in the universe.
7. Sexual intercourse is permitted only between a husband and wife, and thus premarital, extramarital, and homosexual intercourses are forbidden.
8. Drinking alcohol or to take drugs, unless prescribed by doctors, Gambling and Fanaticism are forbidden.
9. Prayer in the faith lies between obligatory prayer and devotional (general) prayer.
10. Adherence to ritual is discouraged, with the notable exception of the obligatory prayers.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.