Chhattisgarh government has decided to institute the State - wide Information Technology Network referred to as CGSWAN that would supply the Information Technology spine for carrying data, video and voice traffic for all departments in Chhattisgarh which is essential for efficiently allowing government services to be carried from the states data centre to the customer premises locations (District Headquarters, State Head Quarters, Block Headquarters & various state and ministry offices within predefined distances of their individual headquarters).
CGSWAN is a core infrastructure project under the National E-Governance Action Plan. It is a joint venture project of the Government of Chhattisgarh and the Government of India.
Agencies who are concerned in a State SWAN are:
• Department of Information Technology
• Information Technology Department
• Implementing Agency
• 3rd Party Monitoring Agency
Once the project is commissioned, the set-up will facilitate the Chhattisgarh government to have video conferencing skill across the government offices. The project will also facilitate the offices of the government to conference and communicate with each other over voice over IP phones which will trim down the Government telecom bills to a sizeable amount. The other imperative services are internet facility and email for government functionaries.
Different E-Governance submissions are being developed for resourceful deliverance of service to citizens. Eg:
• Transport and Registration of Motor Vehicles and issue of driving licenses
• Health Care that link to diverse Hospitals, Tele - Medicine
• Linking with various educational Institutions
• Online Registration for the unemployed people, computerization of day-to-day activities of employment exchange
• Bill deposition, Issuance of Birth/Death/Land records Certificates