GK Questions and Answers on Tribal Rebellions of Indian History
Tribal population being conservative were interested in retaining the existing salient features of their society. Tribal movements were inspired by revolutionary tendencies. They wanted to make use of the situation to fight and eliminate evils and ill tendencies that existed in the contemporary tribal society. Here, we are giving 10 GK Questions and Answers on Tribal Rebellions of Indian History for general awareness.
1. Munda Uprising/Rebellion took place in which region?
B. Chhotangapur region Ranchi
C. Andhra Pradesh
2. Which of the following tribal rebellion was made famous by Bankim Chandra Chaterjee through his novel Anandmath?
A. Sanyasi Rebellion
B. Revolt of Ramosis
C. Kittur Rising
D. Sambalpur Outbreaks
3. Who was the leader of the Bundela Revolt's of Bundelkhand?
A. Dhar Rao Pawar and Narsing Dattatreya Pettkar
B. Phond Savant-(leading noble) and Anna Sahib (heir apparent)
C. Madhukar Shah and Jawahir Singh
4. Why was the Kuka Movement started?
A. Movement against the moneylenders
B. Resentment of the peasants against the operession of zamindars
C. Forced cultivation off Indigo without any proper remuneration
D. Degeneration of Sikh religion and loss of sikh sovereignty
5. Which of the following is not tribal movement?
A. Tebhaga movement
B. Chuars movement
C. Bhils movement
D. Kolis movement
6. Which of the following uprising/rebellion is also known as Ulgulan (great commotion)?
A. Ramosi Uprising
B. Munda Uprising/Rebellion
C. Santhal Rebellion
D. Kol Uprising
7. Consider the following statement (s) related to the Naikdas movement.
I. Revolt of Naikdas under Rupsingh in 1858 and conclusion of peace between British
II. Rupsingh in 1859; their revolt again in 1868, and establishment of a kingdom with Joria as the spiritual head of Rupsingh as temporal head; suppression of the revolt after the capture and execution of Rupsingh and Joria.
Which of the following is/are correct statement (s)?
A. Only I
B. Only II
C. Both I & II
D. Neither I nor II
8. Which of the following statement (s) is/are correct about Kol Revolt?
A. It rose when region leased out to Hindu, Muslim and Sikh money-lenders for revenue collection.
B. The most significant uprising was the Durjol Singh led revolt in 1789-90 which was brutally put down by the government.
C. Both A & B
D. Neither A nor B
9. Find out the odd one.
A. Kols- Chhota Nagpur
B. Koyas- Rampa Region
C. Singhos- Assam
D. Pagal Panti Movement- Andhra pradesh
10. Which of the following is not correct pair?
A. Tebhaga movement- Lucknow
B. Bardoli Satygarha- Gujarat
C. All India Kisan Congress- Lucknow
D. Eka Movement- Madari Pasi
In the above GK Questions and Answers on Tribal Rebellions of Indian History for general awareness that will concretise the our readings and understandings for better tomorrows.