GK Questions & Answers on Modern Indian History: Indian National Movement Set 3 consists of 10 Multiple Choice Questions which are very helpful in their preparation of various examinations like UPSC (IAS, IPS, IES, IFS, CDS, and NDA), State-PSC, SSC, Railways and other competitive examinations.
1. Who called British Economic policy as ‘Colonial Economy’?
A. Mahatma Gandhi
B. Jawaharlal Nehru
C. Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
D. Madan Mohan Malaviya
2. The ‘Diwani’ of Bengal, Bihar and Orissa was given to the East India Company by the Treaty of 1765 with:
A. Shah Alam II
B. Mir Qasim
D. Francis Joseph Dupleix
3. Who is the author of ‘Poverty and Un-British Rule in India’?
A. Lala Lajpat Rai
B. Dadabhai Naoroji
C. Surendra Nath Banerjee
D. R. C. Dutt
4. Which court was considered as the highest criminal court of appeal during the reign of East India Company?
A. Circuit Court
B. Provincial Court
C. Sadar Diwani
D. Sadar Nizamat
5. What is the correct chronological order of the following Viceroys?
1. Lord Reading
2. Lord Irwin
3. Lord Willingdon
4. Lord Linlithgow
Select the correct answer using the codes given below.
A. 1, 2, 3, 4
B. 4,3, 2, 1
C. 3, 1,4,2
D. 2, 4, 3, 1
6. C Rajagopalachari formula was produced to remove the deadlock between which of the following political parties during Indian National Movement?
A. Congress and Hindu Mahasabha
B. Congress and Akalidal
C. Congress and Muslim League
D. None of the above
7. Who of the following launched the Vaikom Satyagraha and marched from Calicut to Payanneer in defiance of salt laws?
A. Mani Lal
C. K. Kelappan
D. N. Ethiran
8. Assertion (A): Dadabhai Naoroji organized the East India Association in London.
Reason (R): He wanted to influence the British public opinion.
The following items consist of two statements, one labelled as 'Assertion (A)' and the other labelled as 'Reason (R)'.
Select your answers to these items using the codes given below.
A. Both A and R is true and R is the correct explanation of A
B. Both A and R is true but R is not a correct explanation of A
C. A is true but R is false
D. A is false but R is true
9. After the Battle of Buxar (1764), East India Company got the Diwani rights of which of the following places?
D. All of the above
10. Which of the following Act was criticized by Jawaharlal Nehru by his comment "Machine with all brakes, no engine"?
A. Government of India Act, 1919
B. Government of India Act ,1935
C. Indian Independence Act ,1947
D. Indian Council Act, 1909
Click here for detail Study: History of Modern India