GK Questions with Answers on Environment & Ecology: Set 2
1. The lowest layer of atmosphere is known as……..
2. Which of the following statement is/are true about stratosphere?
(i) It exists above the troposphere
(ii) It extends from 50 kms to 80 kms
(iii)This is known as ozonosphere also
(a) Only I, ii
(b) Only ii, iii
(c) Only i, iii
(d) All of the above
3. The scientific study of the interactions between organism and their environment is known as ………..
4. Which of the following statement is not correct?
(a) Biosphere is consists of elements of the hydrosphere, lithosphere and atmosphere
(b) The word ‘Ecology’ was first used by the Ernst young
(c) Ionosphere is the upper part of thermosphere
(d) About 97% of the earth’s surface is occupied by the water.
5. Which of the following statement is correct regarding the thermosphere?
i. It extends from 80to 480 kms.
ii. In this range temperature decreases with the height
iii.In this range temperature increases with the height
6.The entire complement of species of organisms, plants and animals, found within a given region are known as …….
(d)None of the above
7. Which of the following is not biotic component?
8.Which of the following is not abiotic component?
9.………………is the process of joining of carbon dioxide and oxygen in plants.
(d)None of these
10. What kinds of forests are found in the Uttar Pradesh?
(a) Needleleaf forests
(b) Temperate deciduous forests
(c) Tropical rain forests
Click on below link to solve more questions on Environment & Ecology