GK Quiz on Medieval History Set IV consists of 10 Multiple Type Questions that attune and equipped the aspirants according to the evolving nature of different competitive examination.
1. What was the valid reason of the decline in trade and commerce during the period of later Mughals?
A. Deterioration in law and order situation
B. Closure of old routes of trade
C. Abuse of trade licence by European companies
D. Poverty of the Mughal nobility
2. Who among the following Sultans of Delhi introduced the token currency?
B. Alauddin Khalji
C. Muhammad bin Tughlaq
D. Firuz Tughlaq
3. Tax on plunder during war in the Sultanate period was known as
4. 'Chahalghani' under IItutmish represented.............
A. his Turkish slaves
B. slaves inherited by him from his predecessors
C. general cadre of slaves
D. the elite cadre of slave officers under him
5. Which one of the following sequences represents the correct chronological order?
A. Shahji, Shivaji, Rajaram, Sambhaji
B. Shahji, Shivaji, Sambhaji, Rajaram
C. Shahji, Sambhaji, Shivaji, Rajaram
D. Sambhaji, Shivaji, Shahji, Rajaram
6. Match List-I (Members of Shivaji’s Ashtapradhan) with List-II (Functions) and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists:
A. Peshwa' 1.He used to take care of all official correspondences
B. Dabir 2. Ecclesiastical head
C. Pandit Rao 3. He was the head of both civil and military affairs
D. Surunavis 4. Foreign secretary
A B C D
(a) 1 2 3 4
(b) 4 3 2 1
(c) 3 4 2 1
(d) 2 3 4 1
7. Who among the following built the largest number of irrigation canals in the Sultanate period?
A. Nasiruddin Mahmud
B. Ghiyasuddin Balban
C. Ibrahim Lodi
D. Firuz Shah Tughlaq
8. Who among the following was responsible for making "Sikhism' a militant force?
A. Guru Har Govind Singh
B. Guru Teg Bahadur
C. Guru Govind Singh
D. Guru Arjun Singh
9. Match List-I (Travellers) with List-II (Kings) and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists:
A. Abdur Razzaq 1. Deva Raya-I
B. Nuniz 2. Deva Raya-II
C. Nicolo de Conti 3. Krishna Deva Raya
D. Barbosa 4. Achyuta Raya
A B C D
(a) 2 1 3 4
(b) 2 4 3 1
(c) 1 2 3 4
(d) 2 4 1 3
10. The term 'Khalisa' in the Sultanate and Mughal periods was used for
A. crown lands
B. lands owned by the Sufi establishment
C. lands revenue which was directly deposited in the imperial treasury
D. land revenue which was assigned to the nobles for maintaining troops