History of World Aids Day
AIDS is a disease which is caused by the HIV (Human immunodeficiency virus) virus. Full form of AIDS is Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome. this disease causes immune system weak and people are more vulnerable to infections and diseases. Do you know where HIV ius found in the body? It is found in all the tissues of the body but transmitted through the body fluid of an infected person via blood, semen, breast milk etc. It mainly attck the T-cells in the immune system. HIV is transmitted throygh sexual contact, blood transmission, perinatal transmission. Symptoms may include fever, joint pain, muscle aches, sore throat, tiredness, weakness, unintentional weight loss etc. As we know to generate awareness among the masses Worlds AIDS Day is celebrated every year on 1 December. This article deals with the History of celebrating Worlds AIDS day, what is the theme of 2017 etc.
History of World AIDS Day
- The theme from the year 2011 to 2015 was "“Getting to zero: zero new HIV infections. Zero discrimination. Zero AIDS related deaths”.
- The theme of the year 2016 was " "Hands up for HIV ptotection: Acess Equity Right Now"
- The theme of the year 2017 is "Right to health
- To make awareness among the people about antiretroviral medicines which can help them to fight against HIV infection.
- To offer a technical support to the member states for implementing the plan for prevention, treatment for HIV or AIDS which will include testing, councelling, antiretroviral therapy etc.
- To encourage students from schools, colleges to contribute in the campaign organised for AIDS.
- to decrease the number of patients infected by HIV or AIDS.