In our day to day life, we use the expression ‘Thank You’ many a times when one receives a favor, a gift or a compliment from someone. There are many smart ways in which you can express gratitude and be thankful to others.
Below are some common expressions to be used while showing gratitude:
• Thank you.
• Thank you so much.
• Thanks a lot.
• Thanks a ton.
• Thanks a bunch.
• Thanks a million.
• All I can say is thanks.
• I really appreciate it.
Let us learn through some examples that how we can say thank you to someone in real life situations using Simple English:
Here are some expressions to be used while saying thank you to someone during office conversations:
1. Thank you for helping me in completing the project.
2. Thank you for your hard work.
3. Thank you for being a great leader and helping the entire team achieve its targets.
4. I am thankful that I am in your team.
5. I am really thankful that you granted me leaves.
6. Thank you all for your cooperation.
Here are some expressions to be used while saying thank you to someone at home during family conversations:
1. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
2. I have no words to thank you.
3. Thanks for coming on time.
4. Thank you for having faith in me.
5. Thanks for considering my problem.
Here are some expressions to be used while saying thank you to someone in social gatherings:
1. I want to thank you for inviting me to the party.
2. Thank you for the gift.
3. It's so nice of you to bring flowers, thank you.
4. You are a sweet host, thanks for everything.
5. Thank you for including us in your celebrations.
Here are some expressions to be used while saying thank you in school or college amongst your friends or teachers:
1. I am grateful that you have helped me understand the lesson.
2. I am really short of words to thank you for taking us out of this trouble.
3. You are the best Maths teacher, thank you!
4. Thank you for bringing out the best in me.
5. You went out of the way to help us, thank you.
6. I want to thank my teachers and parents for helping me to score good marks.
So, now you know how easy it is to say thank you to someone in Simple English.