The Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University is a famous for advance and research based studies in India other than IITs. The VIT University conducts Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE) to offer admissions to aspirants in B. Tech programmes available at its Vellore and Chennai campuses.
The students who didn’t make a cut into IIT list need not to worry. You have another chance to get yourself similar kind of atmosphere, academics and track record. The Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University is a famous for advance and research based studies in India other than IITs. The VIT University conducts Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE) to offer admissions to aspirants in B. Tech programmes available at its Vellore and Chennai campuses. The exam conducted by VITEEE is a computer based test (CBT) and its language of instruction is English only. The duration of this entrance exam is two and a half hours.
Apart from exam centres in India, VITEEE is also held at two international test centres which are Dubai and Kuwait. Last year, 155 students from the Dubai centre took the exam and 18 candidates from this centre even qualified for the counselling.
- School of Computing Science and Engineering (SCOPE)
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engg (Spec. in Bioinformatics)
- School of Mechanical Engineering(SMEC)
- B.Tech - Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech - Mechanical with specialization in Energy Engineering
- B.Tech - Mechanical with specialization in Automotive Engineering
- B.Tech - Production and Industrial Engineering
- School of Civil and Chemical Engineering(SCALE)
- B.Tech - Civil Engineering
- B.Tech - Chemical Engineering
- School of Bio Sciences and Technology ( SBST )
- B.Tech. Biomedical Engineering
- B. Tech. Biotechnology
- School of Electrical Engineering (SELECT)
- B.Tech. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech. Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- School of Information Technology and Engineering (SITE)
- B.Tech. Information Technology
- School of Electronics Engineering (SENSE)
- B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering
The VITEEE also offers International Transfer Programme for the students who wants to complete their degree in foreign countries. As VIT University says:
"Start your engineering study at VIT and complete it in the USA, UK or Australia"
The students entering engineering programs at VIT have two options to study. The first is to study for all the four years at VIT and get a B.Tech degree in a chosen field of engineering and then go for higher studies or take up employment. The second option is the international transfer program ( ITP). ITP offers the entering students with an opportunity to study the first two years of the bachelors degree in engineering at VIT and complete the last two years of study in the USA, UK or Australia and get a degree from a partner university there. For the first batch of ITP, starting in 2016, VIT offers three majors to choose from. They are:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
For the first batch of ITP students, VIT will also offer a choice of ten partner universities or campuses to choose from to undergo the last two years of study and receive the partner university's bachelors degree in engineering.
Fee for year 1 and 2 in VIT
For Indian Students
VIT University fee + Additional Rs.50,000 per year.
For NRI Students
VIT University fee + Additional USD 1000 per year.
For year 3 and 4 fees refer specific univeresity pages below.
PARTNER UNIVERSITIES :
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
- Purdue University School of Eng. & Technology, Indiana University Purdue University, Indianapolis
- State University of New York, Binghamton, New York, USA
- Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, New York, USA
- University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth, Massachusetts, USA
- Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
- Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Deakin University, Waurn Ponds, Victoria, Australia
- Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
VITEEE 2016 exam dates have now been declared on the official website and according to the website, the exam is scheduled to be conducted from April 6 to April 17, 2016. VITEEE 2016 syllabus has been declared too.