Eastern Power Distribution Company of Andhra Pradesh Limited (APEPDCL) invited applications for recruitment to the post of Junior Lineman and Junior Assistant. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 1 April 2014.
APEPDCL was formed on 31 March 2000, to serve as a Distribution Company of AP Transco. It is responsible for undertaking distribution and bulk supply of power in the operation circles of Srikakulam, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, East and West Godavari districts and 20 Divisions of Coastal Andhra Pradesh.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Forms for Junior Lineman : 1 April 2014
- Opening Date of Online Application Forms Junior Assistant: 1 March 2014
- Closing Date of Online Application Forms Junior Assistant: 1 April 2014
Details of Post
Junior Assistant: 119 Posts
Junior Lineman: 937 Posts
District Wise Distribution of Posts for Junior Lineman
- Srikakulam: 81 Posts
- Vizianagaram: 127 Posts
- Visakhapatnam: 135 Posts
- Rajahmundry: 284 Posts
- Eluru: 310 Posts
Total no. of Posts: 1056 Posts
- Junior Lineman: Candidate’s age must be between 18 to 35 years as on 1 July 2013.
- Junior Assistant: Candidate’s age must be between 18 to 36 years as on 1 July 2013.
- Age relaxation will be applicable as per the rules.
- Junior Lineman: 10th Class with ITI qualification in Electrical Trade or Wireman trade or intermediate vocational course in Electrical Domestic Appliances and Rewinding (EDAR) and Electrical Wiring & Contracting (EWC) on par with Electrical Wiring and Servicing of Electrical Appliances (EW & SEA) from a recognized Institution/Board.
- Junior Assistant: Graduation and certificate course in Computer Application or Office Automation.
- General Category candidates have to pay Rs.350/- towards examination fees and Rs.150/- towards Application Processing fees.
- SC/ST/BC Communities and PH Category candidates have to pay Rs.150/- only towards Application Processing fees.
- Junior Lineman: Rs. 8760-170-9270-250-10520-325-12145-400-14145
- Junior Assistant: Rs. 10520-325-12145-400-14145-485-16570-590-19520
- Junior Lineman: Selection will be made on the basis of performance in Meter Reading, Cycling and Pole climbing.
- Junior Assistant: Selection will be made on the basis of performance in written exam and service experience in the organization as Contract worker.
How to apply
- Junior Lineman: Eligible candidates can apply through prescribed format as available in the notification. Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with One self addressed envelope 11 x 5 inch duly affixing the requisite postal stamps by super scribing the top of the envelop as “Application for the Post of --------------”, should be sent to the concerned Circle Superintending Engineer as given in the notification before 1 April 2014.
- Junior Assistant: Candidates are required to apply online through APEPDCL WEBSITE www.apeasternpower.com and http:// apeasternpower.cgg.gov.in from 1 March 2014 to 1 April 2014. No other means /mode of applications will be accepted.