Border Security Force, Ministry of Defence invited applications from male/ female candidates, Indian Nationals possessing educational qualifications and other details for filling up the following vacancies of “Constable (GD)” against Sports Quota. 32 Posts for Male candidates and 08 Posts for Female candidates in the BSF. The candidates eligible for the post may apply within 30 days from the publication of this advertisement in Employment News.
- Last Date of Submission of Applications: Within 30 days from the publication of this advertisement in Employment News.
Details of Posts
- Name of the Post: Constable (GD) (Sports Quota)
- No. of Posts: 40 (Forty) Posts
Sports Disciplines & Vacancies
(A) For Male
- Athletics: 07
- Archery: 02
- Boxing: 02
- Cross Country: 03
- Gymnastic: 01
- Judo: 03
- Swimming: 01
- Water Sports: 05
- (Kayaking, Canoeing & Rowing)
- Weightlifting: 03
- Wrestling: 05
(B) For Female:
- Athletics: 02
- Archery: 02
- Judo: 02
- Wrestling: 02
Matriculation or 10th Pass from a recoganised School/ Institute/ Board or equivalent qualified.
- Sportsperson who have represented a State or the country in the National or International competition in any of the games/ sports mentioned in the list.
- Sportsperson who have represented their University in the Inter— University Tournaments conducted by the Inter-University Sports Board in any of the sports/ games.
- Sportspersons of merit who have represented State Schools Team in National Sports/Games for Schools conducted by the All India School Games Federation in any of the games/ sports.
Age Limit & Relaxation: The candidates should be between 18 to 23 years as on 01 August 2014. Age Relaxable as per Govt. rules.
Pay Scale: Rs. 5,200/- to Rs. 20,200/- plus Grade Pay of Rs. 2,000/- Per Month.
- Application Fee of Rs. 50/- (Rupees Fifty) only in the form of Crossed Indian Postal Order/ Demand Draft/ Banker’s Cheque in favour of “The Commandant 25 Bn BSF”.
- Candidates belonging to SC and ST are exempted from payment of application fee.
Selection Procedure: Short- listing criteria will be based on higher sports achievements followed with Medical Fitness Test.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates may apply duly typed or hand written as per the prescribed proforma along with the attested copies of testimonials/ certificates relating to educational qualifications, date of birth, experience, category (SC/ST/OBC) with two recent passport size photograph affix on the application and other on the Admit Card, may be forwarded to the “The Commandant, 25 Bn BSF, Chhawla Camp, Post Office Najafgarh, New Delhi - 110 071’’ within 30 days from the publication of this advertisement in Employment News.
- Candidates already employed in Central Govt./ State Govt./ Public Sector Undertakings (PSU)/ Departmental candidates should submit their applications through proper channel.
- The envelope containing the application must be super scribed in bold letters as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF _____________________”.