In this video we will get to learn about the general characteristic features of fungi.
• The heterotrophic nature of nutrition are covered in 3 ways
• Because of heterotrophic mode of nutrition, fungi get separated from plant kingdom
• Symbiotic relationship between fungi and algae is known as LICHEN
• Symbiotic relationship between fungi and roots of higher plants is known as MICHORHIZZA
• Fungi is achlorophyllous that is chlorophyll is absent in the plant body
• Yeast is the only unicellular fungi and rest all are multicellular
• Fungal cell wall is made-up of chitin(fungal cellulose) and polysaccharide
• Fungal body is made-up of hyphae and the group of hyphae are known as mycelium
• Hyphae which are horizontal to plant body are known as stolon.
• Rhizoids are the hyphae penetrating the substratum
• Presence of many nucleus is known as coenocytic condition as in aseptate hyphae
• Fungi is cosmopolitan in nature ,means they can be found every where.
Please share your feedback and suggestions for this video.