Central Railway invited applications for recruitment against Open Advertisement Sports Quota for the year 2014-15. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 7 October 2014.
The Central Railway is one of the largest of the 17 zones of Indian Railways. It covers a large part of the state of Maharashtra and small part of Southern Madhya Pradesh and North-Eastern Karnataka.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application forms: 7 October 2014
- Last Date for Receipt of Application forms for Far Flung Areas: 22 October 2014
Name of the Posts
- Pay Band Rs. 5200-20200+Grade Pay Rs. 2800/2400: 5 Posts
- Pay Band Rs. 5200-20200+Grade Pay Rs. 2000/1900: 16 Posts
- Pay Band Rs. 5200-20200+Grade Pay Rs. 1800: 31 Posts
Total No. of Posts: 52 Posts
- For Post with GP Rs. 2800/2400: Candidate should be minimum Graduate.
- For Post with GP Rs. 2000/1900/1800: Candidate should be minimum 10th passed or equivalent qualification.
- Candidate’s age should be between 18-25 years as on 1 January 2015.
- No Age Relaxation in lower or upper age limits for any category of candidate.
- Unreserved and OBC candidates need to pay application fee of Rs.100/- in the form of Indian Postal Order (IPO) drawn in favour of – APO (RT), Central Railway Mumbai & Payable at Mumbai.
- SC/ST/EXSM/PWD /Women /Minority candidates/Economically Backward Classes are exempted from payment of fee.
Selection of candidates shall be made on the basis of field trial, assessment of sports achievement, educational qualification and interview.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates can apply through prescribed application format as given in the notification.
- Application Form, duly complete in all respect along with passport size photograph, attested copies of certificates in proof of educational qualification, proof of date of birth, proof of sports achievements, latest community certificate and DD should be submitted to the Assistant Personnel Officer (RT), Chief Personnel Officer’s Office, General Manager’s building, 1st floor, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai-400 001 before 7 October 2014.
- Candidates should mention “Application against sports quota (Open Advertisement) recruitment for the year 2014-15” on the envelope in which the form would be sent.