Jagran Josh Logo
  1. Home
  2. |  
  3. Education|  

Delhi University to Begin Online Admission for UG Courses on 10 May

May 7, 2016 11:31 IST
  • Read in hindi

Delhi University will, most likely, begin the admission procedure for undergraduate courses from 10 May. The news has been confirmed by the standing committee on Thursday. The committee has further confirmed that the registration for PhD and MPhil will commence on the same date.

Coming straight from the horse’s mouth, the University will kick start the intake process for five of its most sought after UG courses: Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS), Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS), Bachelor of Financial Investment and Analysis (BFIA) and BA (H) Business Economics (BBE) and BSc in Physical Education (Health and Sports).  

The Committee has further revealed that the selection process for admission to the UG Courses will include entrance exam, group discussion and interview. For BSc in Physical Education the entrance exam will carry a weightage of 70%, the rest 30% weightage will be given to Class XII marks and sports achievement. For all other courses the entrance exam weightage will be 85%.

According to the Committee the exam centers will be same as that for PG entrance exam. The examination will be held across the country with centers at Bengaluru, Nagpur, Delhi, Jammu, Varanasi and Kolkata. Lucknow and Chandigarh are likely to be the centers as was with the previous admission guidelines.

The last date for submission of application for the UG courses has not been ascertained yet. However applications for MTech (Humanities) and BTech (Mathematical Science), which are offered by the Cluster Innovation Centre of DU and MPhil and PhD will be accepted till 30 May.

DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.

Latest Videos

Register to get FREE updates

    All Fields Mandatory
  • (Ex:9123456789)
  • Please Select Your Interest
  • Please specify

  • ajax-loader
  • A verifcation code has been sent to
    your mobile number

    Please enter the verification code below

Newsletter Signup
Follow us on
This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK
X

Register to view Complete PDF