Eastern Railway invited application for recruitment against Sports Quota of Headquarters, Divisions (Asansol, Howrah, Malda & Sealdah) & Workshops (Jamalpur, Kanchrapara & Liluah) to 65 Category-1, 2 & 3 posts. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 07 January 2015 (22 January 2015 for far flung areas).
Last date for receipt of application: 07 January 2015 (22 January 2015 for far flung areas)
Details of Post
Category 1: 06 Posts
- Archery (Men & Women): 03 Posts
- Athletics (Men): 01 Post
- Athletics (Women): 01 Post
- Weightlifting (Women): 01 Post
Category 2: 20 Posts
- Archery (Men): 01 Post
- Archery (Women): 01 Post
- Athletics (Women): 02 Post
- Badminton (Women): 01 Post
- Basketball (Men): 02 Posts
- Basketball (Women): 02 Posts
- Cycling (Men): 02 Posts
- Gymnastics (Men): 01 Post
- Hockey (Men): 02 Posts
- Kabaddi (Men): 01 Post
- Kabaddi (Women): 01 Post
- Shooting ( Men/ Women): 01 Post
- Waterpolo (Men): 01 Post
- Weightlifting(Men): 01 Post
- Weightlifting(Women): 01 Post
Category 3: 39 Posts
- Eastern Railway Headquarters: 10 Posts
- Asansol Division: 05 Posts
- Howrah Division: 05 Posts
- Malda Division: 05 Posts
- Sealdah Division: 05 Posts
- Jamalpur Workshop: 03 Posts
- Kanchrapara Workshop: 03 Posts
- Liluah Workshop: 03 Posts
- Category (1)- Minimum Degree from a recognized University or its equivalent.
- Category (2)- (i) Minimum pass in Matriculation or its equivalent OR (ii) Passed out Act Apprenticeship/ITI, no other qualification including Diploma in Engineering/BE will be accepted as an alternative qualification. Act Apprenticeship/ITI certificate must be approved by SCVT/NCVT.
- Category (3)- Minimum 10th pass or ITI or equivalent or National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT.
Age limit: 18- 25 years
- Category (1)- Grade/Scale of Pay: PB-1, Rs. (5200-20,200/-) + Grade Pay-Rs.2400/2800/-
- Category (2)- Grade/Scale of Pay: PB-1, Rs. (5200-20,200/-) + Grade Pay-Rs. 1900/2000/-
- Category (3)- PB-I (Rs. 5200–20200)+GP Rs. 1800/- , PB-I (Rs. 5,200–20,200)+GP Rs.1800
Eligibility will be considered based on the sports performance in the championships held on 01 April 2012 or afterwards only and sportsperson shall be a currently active player. For this purpose, concluding day of the championships will be taken into account.
How to Apply
Candidates eligible for the profile and interested in the post can send their applications duly filled to the Chief Personnel Officer, Eastern Railway Headquarters, 17, Netaji Subhas Road (Fairlie Place), Kolkata-700001. OR Divisional Railway Manager, Eastern Railway, ____________ Division. OR Chief Works Manager, Eastern Railway, ____________ Workshop whichever is applicable as per the post, latest before 07 January 2015 (22 January 2015 for far flung areas).