Banking Exams are one of the most surprising exams in the country. For candidates who want to make their career in public sector banks or any nationalized banks needs to crack exams conducted by IBPS or any other bank recruitment authority. IBPS conducts bank recruitment examinations for various posts like probationary officers, clerk, specialist officers etc yearly. The competition is immense as the number of appearing candidates in bank probationary officers (PO) recruitment examinations has increased during past few years.
As the competition is very tough it is apparently clear that there is no space for mistakes and a candidate has to be thoroughly prepared for the bank probationary officers’ recruitment examination. So, how well the candidate prepared generally they do some small mistakes in the examination and fails to get a job.
Here we enlisted six things to do if you keep failing in bank PO recruitment examinations.
1) Avoid Guesswork: Bank PO recruitment examination include multiple choice questions. Sometimes candidates tend to make guessing the answer. There is a negative marking in bank PO recruitment examinations. There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. It has been noticed that guesswork is always leads to negative marking subsequently low score. So it’s better to avoid guesswork in bank PO recruitment examination.
2) Analyze your weaker areas: Mock test are always helpful for your preparation. But only attempting the mock test cannot give you success in the exam. After every mock test, analyze your weak subject or topics and improve your mistakes. Make sure that you are not repeating the same mistake in next attempt.
3) Select a right question to attempt: Question selection is one of the most important tools to score more in the examination. Every competitive examination including bank PO examination has some easy, some moderate and some tough questions – those who wish to ace the exam must learn to spot the easy ones and avoid the tough ones. Scan the paper before start attempting the questions. No one will be able to attempt all questions in the given time and therefore the best approach is to focus on accuracy rather than on the number of questions to be attempted. In this scenario, the key to score maximum marks is the ‘selection’ of the right question to attempt.
4) Clear Sectional Cut-off: Bank PO exam have sectional timing means there is a time limit to solve every section. Candidates have to clear the sectional cut-off with an overall cut-off. Candidates have to qualify in each of the sections by securing minimum cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS or any other bank exam recruitment authority. Sometimes the candidates clear the overall cut-off but cannot clear the sectional cut-off and fail in the exam. Candidates should keep this in mind while solving the paper. In case you are not comfortable in one or two subjects, try to score at least decent marks in those subjects to clear the cut-off. Otherwise, even if you score high in other subjects, you will be out of the race.
5) Don’t be impatient: Do not be impatient. If you become impatient while solving the paper in the examination, you will definitely commit silly errors. Remember, an impatient person never conquers the final war.
6) Be Positive: Be positive in every circumstance in life. A Positive attitude has a great power and it will help you in every field of life including your exams. “Your thoughts become things!- Rhonda Byrne, The Secret” .
Never lose hope and keep practising till the exam. All the best!
“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve ‘the fear of failure’.”
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
IBPS Clerk 2018: Sectional timing introduced in prelims; check complete details
IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Prelims Score Card Released, Details Here
IBPS Research Associate, Law Officer and Deputy Manager Exam Call Letter Released: Download @ibps.in
IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims Result 2018 decleared; Check Details Here @ www.ibps.in/