General Knowledge (GK) Quiz: Indian Parliament Question and Answers consist of 10 set of questions which are created while keeping in mind the relevance of the subject and its importance for an examination point of view. These questions help the aspirant in the preparation of examinations like UPSC-Prelims, CDS, NDA, State-PSC, SSC, Railways etc. It will concretise the reading experience of aspirants who are aspiring for cracking different competitive exams.
GK Questions and Answers on Indian Polity and Governance
1. Which article of Indian constitution gives the power to the government to make special provisions for the development of SC/ST/OBC against the article 15?
A. Article 19
B. Article 29
C. Article 25
D. None of these
2. Consider the following statement-''Taxes Levied and Collected by the Union but Assigned to the States within which they are leviable'', and find out the correct option.
I. Taxes on transactions in stock exchange
II. Tax of sale and purchase of newspapers including advertisements
III. Estate duty in respect of property other than agriculture land
IV. Stamp duty and duties of excise on the medical and toilet preparations
A. Only I & II are correct
B. I,II & III are correct
C. All are correct
D. Only IV & I are correct
3. Which of the following is the actual definition of states in the Indian Constitution?
A. Government and Parliament of India and the Government and the Legislature of each of the States and all local or other authorities within the territory of India or under the control of the Government of India
B. Government and the Legislature of each of the States and all local authorities
C. Government and the Legislature of each of the States and all local authorities within the territory of India.
D. Parliament of India, state assembly and president of India
4. Which part of the constitution describes the financial relations between Centre and States?
A. Part X
B. Part XI
C. Part XIII
D. Part XII
5. Zero Hour in the Parliamentary system has been derived from:
A. South Africa
6. Which of the following part of the Indian Constitution inspired from the Constitution of USA (i.e. Bill of Rights)?
A. Part I
B. Part II
C. Part III
D. Part IV
7. How many types of fundamental rights provided by the Indian Constitution at the time of commencement?
A. Right to freedom
B. Right to Equality
C. Right to constitutional remedies
D. Protection of life and personal liberty
9. Which of the following article of the Indian Constitution envisages the uniformity of law throughout the country?
A. Article 35
B. Article 21
C. Article 40
D. Article 37
A. Dr. B. R Ambedkar
B. Granville Austin
C. Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru
D. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
In the above 10 set of questions gives a quick revision on the provision of Indian Constitution and Indian Parliament for general awareness.