Giri Institute of Development Studies (GIDS) invited applications for the post of Professor and Other Posts. The eligible candidates can apply to the post through the prescribed format on or before 16 July 2016.
- Last Date of Application: 16 July 2016
Giri Institute of Development Studies (GIDS) Vacancy Details
- Professor-02 Posts
- Associate Professor-02 Posts
- Assistant Professor-01 Post
Eligibility Criteria for Faculty Posts Job
- Professor- An eminent scholar with Ph.D. in any of the social science disciplines, and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work, with a minimum of 10 publications as books and/or research/policy papers. A minimum of 10 years of teaching experience in university/college, and /or experience in research at the University/National Level institutions, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level; A minimum score of 400 as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based on Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) as laid down in the UGC regulations.
Proven track record of conducting empirical research. An outstanding professional with established reputation in the relevant field who has made significant contribution to knowledge.
- Associate Professor- Good academic record with a Ph.D. degree in a social science discipline. Master's degree with at least 55% of marks or equivalent grade wherever grading system is
followed. A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University/College or Research Institution excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
- Assistant Professor- Good academic record with at least 55% of the marks or equivalent grade where grading system is practised at the Master's degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET. Candidates who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D. degree in accordance with the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedures for award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 shall be exempted from NET/SLET/SET.
Aptitude for research as evidenced in published papers in refereed journals.
How to Apply for Giri Institute of Development Studies Faculty Jobs 2016
Eligible candidates can apply to the post through the prescribed format and send the applications along with other necessary documents to the Director, Giri Institute of Development Studies, Sector-O, Aliganj, Lucknow, PIN-226024, Uttar Pradesh. Last date of receipt of application is 16 July 2016
Click here for Detailed Notification