Government Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh invited applications for recruitment to the post of Sr Residents, Central Casualty Services, Demonstrator, Medical Officer and EMO. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 3 June 2014.
The Government Medical College, Chandigarh was started during the year 1991 in Prayaas building, Sector 38. Now it is housed in Sector 32 and has 4 blocks of hospital and a dedicated building for the college.
- Last date for receipt of application forms: 3 June 2014
- Date of Written Test: 9 June 2014 at 11.00 AM
- Date of Interview: 11 June 2014 at 10.00 AM
Details of Vacancy
Name of the posts:
A. Senior Residents:
- Anaesthesiology: 10 Posts
- Dentistry/ Oral and maxillofacial surgery/conservative dentistry and endodontic: 3 Posts
- Dermatology & Venereology: 1 Post
- ENT: 1 Post
- General Medicine: 10 Posts
- General Surgery: 12 Posts
- Hospital Administration: 2 Posts
- Neuro Surgery: 6 Posts
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology: 3 Posts
- Orthopaedics: 2 Posts
- Ophthalmology: 2 Posts
- Paediatrics: 6 Posts
- Psychiatry: 3 Posts
- Pulmonary Medicine: 2 Posts
- Radiodiagnosis: 4 Posts
- Radiotherapy & Oncology: 2 Posts
B. Central Casualty Services
- Resident Anaesthetist: 3 Posts
- Resident Pathologist: 1 Posts
- Casualty Medical Officer (General Medicine): 2 Posts
- Casualty Medical Officer (General Surgery): 2 Posts
- Anatomy: 2 Posts
- Biochemistry: 5 Posts
- Community Medicine: 4 Posts
- Forensic Medicine: 1 Post
- Microbiology: 1 Post
- Pathology: 6 Posts
- Pharmacology: 4 Posts
- Physiology: 4 Posts
- Transfusion Medicine: 4 Posts
D. Medical Officer (MO)/ Lady Medical Officer (LMO)
- Community Medicine: 2 Posts
E. Emergency Medical Officer
- Forensic Medicine: 1 Post
Total No. of posts: 111
- Senior Residents: Rs.15600-39100 + 6600/- Grade Pay + allowances as admissible.
- Central Casualty Services: Rs.15600-39100 + 6600/- Grade Pay + allowances as admissible.
- Demonstrator: Rs.10300-34800 + 5000/- Grade Pay + NPA (for Medical Graduates only, if admissible).
- Medical Officer (MO)/ Lady Medical Officer (LMO): Rs.15600-39100 + 5400/- Grade Pay + NPA if admissible.
- Emergency Medical Officer: Rs.15600-39100 + 5400/- Grade Pay + NPA if admissible.
Candidates should have MBBS Degree and Postgraduate Medical Degree i.e. (M.D./M.S./M.D.S/D.M./M.Ch/DNB/MD Hospital Administration/MD General Medicine) OR equivalent in the concerned specialty.
- Candidate age should not be crossed than 33 years and in case of post doctoral degree holders 35 years for Senior Residents and Central Casualty Services.
- Candidate age should not be crossed than 30 years for MBBS and 33 years for PG degree holder for Demonstrator, Medical Officer (MO)/ Lady Medical Officer (LMO) and Emergency Medical Officer.
- Age relaxation will be as per govt. Rule.
Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- for SC Candidates) in the shape of Demand Draft, payable at Chandigarh, drawn in favour of Director Principal, Government Medical College & Hospital, Sector-32, Chandigarh.
Selection will be done on the basis of Written Examination and Interview.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format.
- Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with Demand Draft, a recent passport size photograph and attested copies of all required Certificates/Documents should be submitted to the Director Principal, Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh Administration, Block D, Level-II, sector-32-B, CHANDIGARH-160030 before 3 June 2014.