Everyone on this planet, every human being has some real aspirations and aim to accomplish and for that he/she strives hard and puts in all sorts of efforts. Achievements, honor, pride, prestige, feeling of becoming a famous personality is what everyone targets.
There are Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, writers, Actors, Politicians, Sportsperson, Scholars, Businessmen etc who have achieved their aim in life and made their dreams count and come true.
But then it is also considered that it is tougher to stay at the top than to reach at the top and this is somewhat true due to the facts that follow:
1. Responsibilities hover all over: After a person reaches at the top, he/she has to perform and dispatch duties in all respects and form both personally as well as professionally and then begins his/her testing time. It becomes very difficult to remain at these higher positions where pressure is much more than was anticipated. So, many people can’t hold the top position for long
2. One becomes an entirely different person: After a person reaches at the top the entire personality and the style gets restructured all of a sudden, about which, the person still is not prepared and so the difficulty of staying there by coming out of your comfort zone becomes somewhat tougher.
3. Discipline and restrictions add to duties as well as lifestyle: At the top there is a lot of discipline and duties that need to be delivered to the perfection and it becomes very challenging for the person.
4. Expectations lead to worse situations: Above all factors, there exists true and high level of anticipated expectations from family members, from society, from the public, from the nation and on the top of it from oneself, and that creates profuse amount of burden and pressure on the person sitting right there at the top.
On the contrary this can also be accounted for in the reverse scenario going against the motion of “It is tougher to stay at the top than to reach there” with suitable arguments like:
1) Understanding the Importance: The one who has achieved the top position and has really made his/her dream come true to reach there clearly understands the importance and value of the position and therefore stands even more firmly.
2) Responsibility and position makes the person more determined: A person who reaches right there at the top is infused well and was ready for the responsibilities and therefore this raises a sense of strong determination in the person and this in turn leads to his firmness and adherence.
3) Competition and achievement complement the achievers: As we all know that due to high amount of population and limited number of opportunities, there exists a very profuse intensity of competition in the open market and a person has to undoubtedly work really really hard to beat others in the competition and reach there. In the process of reaching at the top, the efforts put in are much more crucial and vital and so it is tougher to reach than to survive.
In short we may say that achievements to reach at the top require efforts and those efforts need to be really sincere and hard and once the efforts result positively and a person reaches right there at the top then he must know how to contain himself, how to sustain well, how to thrive and how to survive. As nothing seems difficult and tougher for those who see sky as the limit and even moon beyond the limits saying that, “There are footprints of human beings on moon as well.”
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization.Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.