UPSC has issued the notification for Detailed Application Form for IAS Mains Exam 2016. The successful candidates of IAS Prelims Exam 2016 which was held on 7th August 2016 must apply the Civil Services (Main) Examination 2016 by 20th October 2016 through the UPSC’s website www.upsc.gov.in.
The IAS aspirants must follow these instructions before proceeding into the filling of DAF of Civil Services (Main) Examination 2016:
1. First and foremost, the candidates should write only true things in DAF.
2. The candidates should go through the details that they have filled in his/her form of Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2016. There should not be any change in details which he/she have earlier filled.
3. The candidates must have scanned copies of relevant certificates like:
• Scanned copy of minimum Educational qualification
• Scanned copy of certificate in support of his/her claim of Schedule Castes/Schedule Tribes or Other Backward Classes (OBCs).
• Scanned copy of certificate of age indicating his/her date of birth.
• Scanned copy of the certificate issued from the respective District Magistrate in case of the candidates as a domicile of Jammu and Kashmir for age relaxation.
• A candidate disabled while in the Defence Services claiming age concession should upload/produce certified copy of the certificate in the form prescribed below from the Director General Resettlement, Ministry of Defence to certify that he was disabled while in the Defence Services in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
• A candidate claiming to belong to physically challenged category shall be required to meet one or more of the physical requirements/abilities, as laid down in Rule 22 of the rules for the Civil Services Examination, 2o16. He/she must upload a certified copy of the certificate issued by Medical Board duly constituted by the Central/State Government in the formats where dominant (writing) is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function (minimum of 40% impairment).
4. Keep your email account active because the successful/unsuccessful uploads of scanned documents will be acknowledged electronically by sending email by the UPSC.
5. Request of change of centres and withdrawal of filled form will not be entertained:
• The candidates must read the instructions carefully so that the chance of disqualification should not be there because under no circumstances the candidates will be allowed to change in centre, Optional Subject, Indian Language paper (Paper A) and Medium of examination they have indicated in their filled online form of Civil Services Prelims.
• No request for withdrawal of candidature received from a candidate after he / she has submitted his/ her application will be entertained.
6. Fee Payment:
• Candidates applying (excepting Female/SC/ST/PH candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) for Civil Services (Main) Examination are required to pay a requisite fee of Rs.200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using Net Banking facility of SBI/State Bank or Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank or Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit card.
• The candidates who opt for Pay by Cash mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during filling of payment mode of Detailed Application Form and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. Pay by Cash mode will be deactivated on 19th October, 2016 i.e. one day before the closing date: however applicants who have generated their Pay-in-Slip before it is deactivated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date. Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e. during banking hours at SBI Branch, for reasons, whatsoever, even if holding valid Pay-in-slip will have no other offline option but to opt for available Online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking Payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 6:00PM hours of 20th October, 2016.
• All female candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Physically Handicapped categories are not required to pay any fee. No fee exemption is, however, available to OBC candidates and they are required to pay the full prescribed fee.
7. While filling DAF, most of the candidates write things in hobbies section which are not common or true for them. The candidates should mention only those things which he/she do in their leisure time. Because at the time of interview, the interview board will ask various questions from this section. The candidates must be prepared to answer each and every aspect related to his/her hobbies. The candidates should also prepare the minute technicalities associated with their hobbies.
8. In case of any assistance regarding filling up the Detailed Application Form, the candidates can contact Commission through email email@example.com or call 011 – 23385271.