Q. What extra efforts I need to pay to get good marks in CBSE class 12 Biology exam?
Ans. Biology is a very important subject for class 12 board exams. It carries 100 marks with 70 marks in theory and 30 marks in practical. In order to do well in class 12 Biology exam, one need to be extra attentive as the various complex biological terms can be learned with profound concentration and focus.
Some tips to prepare for CBSE Class 12 Biology exam are given below:
- Read NCERT books thoroughly to understand the concepts well. You can use side books only in case you have any doubts for a particular topic.
- In order to learn the difficult biological terminologies write them on paper many times. By writing you can memorize any long or complex biological term.
- Biology being a theoretical subject may need multiple time readings to grasp any particular information.
- Create step-wise summaries in your own words for vital topics or write down various topics point-wise.
- Produce flowcharts to effectively bear in mind processes.
- Practice drawing neat diagrams as they can help you perceive the information easily. Moreover, representing a specific information in the form of a well labeled and neat diagram can get you more marks instead of writing the big paragraphs.
- Find a study partner to whom you can explain a topic. It will help you understand and memorise the information more effectively and easily.
- Try to solve more and more sample papers/practice papers to spot trends and your weak areas.Revise the course a minimum of three times.