IAS preparation quizzes have been crucial to practice before IAS Prelims Exam because it gives momentum to the IAS preparation. For the handiness of IAS aspirants, we are continuously providing questions based on the recent issues happened in India and around the world.
1. Consider the following statements regarding NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM).
1. It is a flagship programme of Government to promote innovation and entrepreneurship nationwide in schools, universities and industry.
2. Recently, additional 1500 Schools have been selected for the establishment of Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs) which will give a major boost to realize the vision of the mission to ‘Cultivate One Million children in India as the Innovators of tomorrow’.
3. The ATLs are designed to spur the spark of creativity and go beyond regular curriculum and textbook learning.
Which of the above statement is true?
a. 1 and 2
b. 2 and 3
c. 1 and 3
d. 1, 2 and 3
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) including Self-Employment and Talent Utilization (SETU) is Government of India’s endeavour to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. Its objective is to serve as a platform for the promotion of world-class Innovation Hubs, Grand Challenges, Start-up businesses and other self-employment activities, particularly in technology driven areas.
The Atal Innovation Mission shall have two core functions:
- Entrepreneurship promotion through Self-Employment and Talent Utilization, wherein innovators would be supported and mentored to become successful entrepreneurs.
- Innovation promotion: to provide a platform where innovative ideas are generated.
2. The Government of India and the State Government of Tamil Nadu have signed a $318 million loan agreement for the Tamil Nadu Irrigated Agriculture Modernization Project with which of the following international organisations?
a. World Bank
b. World Economic Forum
c. Asian Development Bank
d. New Development Bank
Recently, the Government of India, the State Government of Tamil Nadu and the World Bank today signed a $318 million loan agreement for the Tamil Nadu Irrigated Agriculture Modernization Project to promote climate resilient agriculture technologies, improve water management practices, and increase market opportunities for small and marginal farmers. About 500,000 farmers, of which a majority are small and marginal, are expected to benefit from improved and modernized tank irrigation systems.
The project will rehabilitate and modernize about 4,800 irrigation tanks and 477 check dams, spread across 66 sub-basins, in delivering bulk water to irrigation systems.
3. Which of the following organisations of India becomes the first organisation to achieve the unique feat of highest peaks of seven continents of the world?
a. Indian Army
b. The Bharat Scouts and Guides
c. Indian Air Force
d. Indian Space Research Organisation
After scaling of Mt Everest in 2005, Indian Air Force (IAF) launched a unique and unprecedented series of mountaineering expedition 'Mission Seven Summits' with an aim to fly the tricolour and the IAF flag on the highest peaks in every continent.
A team comprising five IAF mountaineers, led by Gp Capt RC Tripathi, in the early hours of 26 Dec 17, has successfully scaled Mt Vinson in Antarctica, thus completing the assigned Mission. With the successful ascent of Mt Vinson, the IAF added another feather to its cap, by becoming the first organisation in India to achieve this unique feat.
4. First day/night test match played between which of the following two teams?
a. India and Australia
b. Australia and New Zealand
c. Australia and England
d. South Africa and Zimbabwe
The first day/night test match took place between Australia and New Zealand at the Adelaide Oval, Adelaide on 27 November 2015, 36 years to the day from the first ICC sanctioned day/night match. In 1979, when the ICC and World Series Cricket came to an understanding, the first floodlit One Day International was played, also in Australia. Floodlit cricket has since been played around the world, although England was slow to take it up due to their climate. Day/night cricket, also known as Floodlit cricket is a cricket match that is played either totally, or more usually partially, under floodlights in the evening.
5. As reported in 2016, India continues to be a world leader in diphtheria with 3,380 cases and 177 deaths. Diphtheria is a:
a. Bacterial disease
b. Viral disease
c. Sexually transmitted disease
d. Genetic disease
Diphtheria is a highly infectious disease caused by the bacterium Corynebacterium diphtheria. A person infected with diphtheria will show up the symptoms like a sore throat and difficulty in breathing. It spreads through contact or a cough and sneeze droplets, and is caused by the bacterium Corynebacterium diphtheriae. In severe cases, the toxin secreted by this bacterium kills cells in the throat, and the debris forms a wing-shaped grey membrane, disrupting breathing and earning diphtheria the name “The Strangling Angel.” If the patient isn’t treated quickly with anti-diphtheria serum, the toxin can spread through the bloodstream hurting the heart and kidneys.