Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay invited applications for recruitment of 14 various vacancies. The candidates eligible for the post can apply online on or before 30 September 2014.
IIT Bombay, the second in the chain of IITs, was set up in 1958. It was the first IIT to be set up with foreign assistance. The Vision of IIT Bombay is to be the fountainhead of new ideas and of innovators in technology and science. Its Mission is to create an ambience in which new ideas and creativity flourish and from which research and scholarship and leaders and innovators of tomorrow emerge.
Last Date for Receipt of Application Forms: 30 September 2014
Detail of the Posts:
Name of the Posts:
- Biosciences and Bioengineering
- JRF: 2 Posts
- RA: 2 Posts
- Chemical Engineering
- JRF: 2 Posts
- SRF: 3 Posts
- Electrical Engineering
- PRA: 2 Posts
- Mechanical Engineering
- APM: 1 Post
- PSE1: 2 Posts
Total No. of Posts: 14
- JRF: Consolidated salary Rs.16000/- p.m.
- RA: Consolidated salary Rs.22000/- p.m.
- SRF: Consolidated salary Rs.18000/- p.m.
- PRA: Consolidated salary Rs.21000 - 31000/- p.m.
- APM: Consolidated salary Rs.28000 - 42000/- p.m.
- PSE1: Consolidated salary Rs.28000 - 42000/- p.m.
1. Biosciences and Bioengineering
- JRF: Post Graduate in Basic Sciences & NET qualified Or Graduate in Professional Courses and GATE or equivalent qualification, MSc in Physics/Biophysics /Mathematics or related disciplines with DST INSPIRE fellowship to persue PhD, Bachelors (B.E./B.Tech) or Masters (M.E./M.Tech) in Aerospace, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Chemical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Electronics and Communication engineering.
- RA: PhD or MVSc/M. Pharma/ME/M.Tech with experience of at least 3 years in Molecular biology with proficiency in yeast genetics and PhD in molecular biology.
2. Chemical Engineering
- JRF: B.Tech in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering OR MSc Physics, Electro hydrodynamic simulations using Boundary element method, Simulation of charged drop in electrosprays and atomization, familiarity with numerical methods, Fluid mechanics and Electro-statics.
- SRF: B. Tech OR M.Tech in Chemical Engineering, MSc in Biotechnology, Biophysics, Physics. Experiments using microscopy and imaging, on vesicles, liposomes and soft matter. Work involves phospholipid bilayer MD simulations with applications in drug delivery.
3. Electrical Engineering
- PRA: Master degree in relevant field/B. Tech., B.E. Preferable: Experience in some aspects of solar cells and semiconductor devices in general as part of course work, internship, thesis project.
4. Mechanical Engineering
- APM: M.Com with 5 years industrial experience as executive assistant handling administration, accounting, and coordination activities.
- PSE1: B. Tech in CS/IT and 3 years programming in C++/C#/Java and software product development including user interface and 3D graphics visualization.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in interview.
How to Apply
- Interested peoples can apply through online mode from the website.
- After submission of online application, candidates are required to take a printout of e-Application form and send hard copy of application along with self attested photocopies of all certificates/testimonials in an envelope superscribed as “Application for the post of___________″ to the Assistant Registrar (R & D Office), IRCC Wing, SJMSOM Building, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai-400076 before 30 September 2014.