Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Patna, currently running 3 schools is one amongst the newly founded IITs by an act of Parliament in August 2008. The institute announced admissions to PhD programme in various departments for the session commencing July 2013.
Name of Programme
Departments: Civil & Environmental Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Humanities & Social Sciences
- Deadline for submission of online application: 10 April 2013
- Last date to receive hard copy of submitted application generated online: 17 April 2013
- Admission seekers should hold BE/ BTech/ MSc/ MA equivalent degree or qualification with valid GATE score more than the specified cut off level/ NET / NBHM/ DBT-JRF qualification.
- Applicants possessing ME/MTech degree or equivalent qualification are also eligible to apply.
For detailed information on eligibility criteria, please visit the eligibility conditions given on the website of the institutehttp://www.iitp.ac.in.
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their GATE/ NET score, qualifying examination marks/ grades etc. Shortlisted applicants will be called to appear in written test and/ or interview for the final selection.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
The application fee is Rs 300 for General/OBC applicants and Rs 150 for SC/ST/PD candidates. The fee must be remitted in the form of Demand Draft in favour of IIT Patna, payable at Patna.
No application fee for women candidates.
How to Apply
- Intended candidates should apply online at the website of the institute http://www.iitp.ac.in.
- The hard copy of submitted application generated online duly signed along with photocopies of requisite documents and a Demand Draft must reach the below mentioned address on or before the last date:
Assistant Registrar (Academics)
Indian Institute of Technology Patna
Patna – 800 013
For further queries, please visit the official website of the institute http://www.iitp.ac.in/