Applications are invited from unmarried male candidates, Indian Nationals possessing educational qualifications and other details for the recruitment to the post of Navik (General Duty) in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union. The Indian Navy is a well balanced and cohesive three dimensional force, capable of operating above, on and under surface of the oceans efficiently safeguarding our national interests.
- Opening Date of Submission of Online Applications: 22 January 2014.
- Closing Date of Submission of Online Applications: 29 January 2014.
Details of Course
Name of the Post: Navik (General Duty)
10+2 passed with 60% marks aggregate in total and minimum 60% in each subject of Maths and Physics from an education board recognised by Central/ State Government. (Maximum 5% relaxation only in aggregate marks of the above percentage for SC/ ST candidates, sports person of National level (Interstate and above) and wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service.)
Age Limit & Relaxation
- Minimum 18 Years and maximum 22 years i.e between 01 Aug 1992 to 31 Jul 1996.
- Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.
Scale of Pay is Rs. 5200 – 20200 alongwith Rs. 2000 Grade Pay. In addition, Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance and other liberal allowances will be admissible.
How to Apply
- Application will be accepted ONLINE only from 22 January 2014 to 29 January 2014. Candidates are to log on to www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in for filling up the online application.
- Short- listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination centre. SC and ST candidates will be given due weightage while short listing.
- The written tests will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects such as Maths, Physics, basic Chemistry, knowledge of English upto 12th standard, general knowledge, current affairs, quantitative aptitude and reasoning.
- Those who qualify written tests will undergo Physical Fitness Test and Initial Medical Examination (Preliminary). Candidates belonging to the physically handicapped category are not eligible to apply for this examination.
- The Physical Fitness Test will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. The PFT will consist as under :
(i) 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
(ii) 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak).
(iii) 10 Push ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Candidates who qualify the Physical fitness test will only be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment centres or any other place as decided by the Coast Guard.
Selection of candidates is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examination.