The Indian Navy invited applications from unmarried Male candidates for recruitment to the post of Sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) 01/2015 batch. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through online on or before 8 June 2014.
The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the armed forces of India. The President of India serves as the Commander-in-Chief of the Navy. The primary objective of the navy is to secure national maritime borders.
• Opening date for Online Application Forms: 26 May 2014
• Closing date for Online Application Forms: 8 June 2014
• Last Date for receipt of Application Forms: 16 June 2014
• Last Date for receipt of Application Forms for candidates of North-East, J&K, Andman & Nicobar, Lakshdweep & Minicopy Island: 23 June 2014
Details of the Post:
Name of the Post: Sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) 01/2015 batch
• During the initial training period, stipend of Rs.5700/pm will be admissible but on successful completion of initial training an amount equal to the minimum of scale as mentioned below, less stipend already paid, shall be admissible with retrospective effect.
• On completion of initial training, they will be placed in the Pay Band Rs.5200-20200. In addition they will be paid Grade Pay @Rs.2000/- plus MSP @Rs.2000/- plus DA.
Candidate should possess 12th class or its equivalent with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects; Chemistry/Biology/Computer science.
Candidate age must be between 17 to 21 years (i.e. borne between 1 February 1994 to 31 January 1998 (both dates inclusive).
Selection Process will be done on the basis of Written Test, Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination.
How to Apply
• Interested & eligible candidates can apply online through www.nausena-bharti.nic.in before 8 June 2014.
• On successful submission of online application, an Application Number will be generated by the system. This Application Number will automatically appear on the printout of the form. Candidates are required to take two printouts of the online Application Form having the system generated Application Number. They should send one copy, after pasting their photograph and signing it on the space provided for the purpose, along with attested copies of matriculation certificate, 12th mark sheet, domicile, NCC Certificate (if held) & one self addressed envelop of size 22x10 cms with Rs 10/- stamp affixed on envelope to be forwarded at the respective center as given in the notification before 16 June 2014.