Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata invites applications from eligible candidates, who fulfilling the requisite criteria for filling up the following below mentioned posts purely on temporary basis for various projects in the area of statistics in the Statistical Quality Control & Operation Research Unit (Central SQC Unit). Posts are initially up to 31 March 2015 and may be extended further on the basis of performance. The candidates eligible for the post may apply on or before 21 November 2014.
- Last Date for Submission of Application: 21 November 2014.
Details of Posts
- Project Linked Person: 02 (Two)
- Visiting Scientist: 01 (One).
- For Post 1: Possess M.Sc. Degree (in Statistics/ Quality/ Reliability/ SQC) or equivalent from the recognized University or Institution. Good knowledge of Computer Programming and Software Packages (SPSS/ MATLAB/ R/ Excel).
- For Post 2: Possess Ph.D. Degree in Statistics/ Operation Research/ Mathematics/ Quality/ Reliability/ SQC with Good knowledge of Computer Programming and Software Packages (SPSS/ MATLAB/ R/ Excel).
Age Limit & Relaxation
Age Limit for the candidate should be 35years as on 01 October 2014 and Age Relaxation for the category candidates as per rules
Pay Scale/ Salary
Candidate will get the Consolidated Salary Per Month mentioned below :
- For Post 1: Rs. 18,000/-.
- For Post 2: Rs. 32,500/- and Rs. 39,000/- (for relatively new Ph.D).
Selection Procedure: The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in the Written Test/ Trade Test/ Practical Test/ Skill Test/Personal Interview, which might be conducted by the administration.
How to Apply
- Interested Candidates may apply in the prescribed format (typed) which includes complete details of Bio- data along with attested photo copies of the relevant certificates/ testimonials in support of date of birth, qualifications, experience, category (SC/ ST/ PWD), etc. with a recent Passport size Photograph which should be affix on the application form (if reqd.) may be forwarded to the “Head, SQC & OR Division, Central SQC Office, Indian Statistical Institute, 203 B. T. Road, Kolkata – 700 108” or email to email@example.com or before21 November 2014.
- For details of Post and other terms and conditions the candidate can go through the link below.