Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam invited application for recruitment to the post of Junior Research fellow. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 21 December 2013.
- Closing Date for Registration: 21 December 2013
- Date of Examination: 05 January 2013
- Date of Interview: 20- 24 January 2013
- Date of Joining: 03 February 2013
Details of Post
- Name of Post: Junior Research Fellow
- Number of Post: 80 Posts
The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in Master of Science (M.Sc.)/ Master of Library & Information Science (M.LIS) degree from a recognized University in one of the following disciplines.
- Physics or Materials Science: Mathematics/Numerical Methods must be one of the subjects studied at the M.Sc. level and Chemistry as an ancillary subject at B.Sc. level.
- Chemistry: Physics and Mathematics must be studied as ancillary subjects up to B.Sc. level.
- Information Science: M.Sc in Physics/Chemistry or BE/BTech (in any of the disciplines indicated below) with Masters degree in Library
Candidates with M. Tech. in Nuclear Engineering/Nuclear Science and Technology with at least 60% aggregates from a recognized University/Institute.
The candidates who have completed B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc. Engg./B.Sc. [Tech.] from a recognized University) / M. Tech with a minimum of 60% marks in one of the given disciplines given below
- Computer Science Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering / Materials Science & Engineering / Materials Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics &
- Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Atmospheric Science
- Nuclear Engineering/Nuclear Science & Technology
Exemption from WRITTEN TEST: Candidates satisfying any of the following condition will be exempted from the written test and will be called directly for the selection interview.
(a) Candidates possessing valid UGC-CSIR-NET Fellowship.
(b) Candidates possessing JEST-2013 score of 90 percentile and above.
(c) Candidates possessing M.E./M.Tech. degree with aggregate marks of 60% or higher and a GATE score higher than 90 percentile.
How to Apply
- Download the Application form and Hall ticket form through below link.
- Send the completed Application Form and Hall Ticket Form along with the required enclosures by Post (Registered or Speed post of Indian Postal service), so as to reach IGCAR on or before 21 December 2013 to:
The Assistant Administrative Officer [R],
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research,
Kalpakkam – 603 102.